FINALLY!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

FINALLY!!!

Post by IronNoggin »

So The Missuz takes a few moments out of her rather busy day "off" to call the shop. Any new arrivals? Yup, there's a package just arrived from Excalibur!! Really? The Lad will be Pleased...

Could not help but overhear that conversation - from 3 rooms away!! :lol:
Although engaged in a project of sorts, everything got dropped, and into the Rig in a Mad Scramble!! SMOKED right through town and am damn lucky I didn't induce a ticket or two!!

Upon arrival, we were presented with a rather tiny box to be holding a bow... but the label read Excalibur, and my already Pounding Heart kicked up a notch or two. Want to show it off to the Boss she asked with a coy smile? NOPE! There will be plenty of time for that down the road! :wink:

Even Faster Tracks on the way back home, had the Big Dawg's jowls just a flappin' in the wind!

Before any assembly I went over the entire rig extremely carefully. Some of the naysayers actually had me a little concerned (Oh Foolish Me!). Not a single blemish to be found ANYWHERE! Limbs are as perfect as they could possibly be, same with the rail, stock, every single accessory, and even as far as every single bolt! Excellent!!

Even though I've put the odd one of these together, I took a moment or two (as much to stop the "quivers" as anything else!) to review the procedure. Assembly was easy, like the various pieces WANTED to join, and within but a short time she stood in all her Beauty! Awesome to me!

Now at Last Light, I wandered outside (my neighbors are used to this kind of thing) and to my delight, the scope was Blistering clear, had Good Eye relief, and was damn near begging for me to use it for it's intended purpose right then and there!!

Back inside, I immediately switched out the factory string for one of Boo's Marvelous Creations! aYup! THAT well suits the bow!

A few First Impressions:

- Incredibly small for such Awesome Power! I stood her back to back with the Exomax, and trembled at the comparison! SO much Narrower, SO much Shorter, and SO much Lighter it wasn't to me even fair to compare!

- She comes to the shoulder as light as a feather - Oh what a FIT!

- The scope's picture is immediately clear. Even intentionally out of alignment, I had NO problem centering it's crosshairs! The two types of illumination are both good, and the crosshairs without them are very easy to read!

- When cocking and changing strings I was more than Pleasantly Surprised! Yes, i can do extended periods at the range with this one methinks!

- Love the grips fore and aft! The balance is Perfect, and these fairly help. VERY very stable bow for offhand shooting methinks!

Overall I'd rate it as a 10.6 out of 10. Couldn't be Happier at this present moment! Well worth the month and change wait! :mrgreen:

Big John: I hope you're recoverin' and are feelin' quite Fit! I'll be needin' some missiles to launch out of it! Be touching base over the next little while, got some plans for this Baby, and I just know you'll help us Smile!! :wink:

Although impressed with the scope (not so much the rings) I'll be swapping that out sometime this spring. Gonna go to an HHA and a rifle scope for the summer's Fun. For huntin' this fall - Jury's still out on just which one...

Only a tad better than half way on the sausage makin', and now have a Lamb hanging that I've got to deal with in the next day or two. New target makings have long been ignored, guess I know what tomorrow for me has in store...
And thinking those last runs of sausage can sit a bit more! :lol:

Really Pleased, so Damn Happy - my tail is waggin' so hard my eyeballs are wigglin'!

Simply can not wait to get the new Baby out for a stroll!! :twisted:

Thanks Excalibur! You've just Made my spring!

Cheers!
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
JT of PA

Re: FINALLY!!!

Post by JT of PA »

I think he likes it. :lol:

Congratulations ... its nice when someone appreciates what they have.

Keep us updated on how it shoots and your thoughts.

All the best.

Mister B

Post by Mister B »

Noggin, I couldn't have said it better, for you see, when I got home this evening I too had a little box waiting for me. Opened it as delicately as making love. Often when you anticipate an arrival that has received as much hipe as these new bows you fear you might be expecting too much and be a tad disappointed. Not so here. This little baby "IS" everything I expected and hoped for . I have been day dreaming about all the little ribbons and things I could decorate it with, but it feels so good in my hands--balanced and light I don't think I will put anything on it save for this scope. And yes mine too is crystal clear and easy to see through. She is a beauty. It has been a long time since I wanted to sleep with a new toy, sixty years or more. Can't wait to shoot it.
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Nog..........you truly have a way with words! :wink:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Fletch2

Post by Fletch2 »

This thread sounds like a love story :oops: :lol: :lol:
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Fletch2 wrote:This thread sounds like a love story
:mrgreen:

It get's worse... Guess just where I am...
Mister B wrote:... She is a beauty. It has been a long time since I wanted to sleep with a new toy...
:lol: :oops: :lol:
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I hope you guys are using protection when your messin around with your new beaus lol I mean bows. :lol:
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Dang, that read was as good as a Penthouse forum read!!! :lol:

Really glad you got you new Xbow & you're please with it too!
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

DANG! another dissappointed customer. How long can excalibur survive?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Congrats Noggin. You certainly have another one of Excalibur's disappointing crossbows. I will send you my mailing address and when you are tired of all the warranty issues and bad service and when you are to afraid to use that Matrix because of the Matrix blow ups you can send it to me. I will deal with all the hassle from Excalibur Inc. for the warranty and service. I am just doing this because that is what friends do for friends. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Raymond
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Raymond wrote:Congrats Noggin. You certainly have another one of Excalibur's disappointing crossbows. I will send you my mailing address and when you are tired of all the warranty issues and bad service and when you are to afraid to use that Matrix because of the Matrix blow ups you can send it to me. I will deal with all the hassle from Excalibur Inc. for the warranty and service. I am just doing this because that is what friends do for friends. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Raymond
HOLD ON RAY! I got first dibbs on the broken down piece of junk. I happen to be what his name, oh ya Noggin's :oops: best friend. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Normous

Post by Normous »

Why did I already know that you were going to like it.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Very well spoken it seems it was definitely worth the wait yall are just killing me making me want one even more.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

IronNoggin can you tell us how you really feel about this! :lol: Congrats on the new toy keep us informed on trials
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Geodehunter

Post by Geodehunter »

Congrats you guy's on your new Matrix's. It's always great when that package arrives in the mail. :mrgreen:
In God I Trust!!!
Hunt hard & Hunt safe, Robbie