Some vixen arrow test

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masboy

Some vixen arrow test

Post by Masboy »

tryed out a few arrows this morning in a light wind left to right sitting resting elbo on knee like I hunt with my vixen an my astroflight string.left to right first arrows 2216 regular inserts 150 gr tip wt 475gr second arrow 2114, 16 inch arrow,brass inserts ,125 tips, wt 425 gr. third arrow 2117,brass inserts, razer vanes ,125 tip wt 510 gr. first picture all shot 20yds and very little difference in wind drift just a little in height. second picture all shot at 35yd with the same mostly just height difference.I could see the 16 inch fish tailing a little . shot my 640 gr logs an shot good as all the others but just lower. picture three 50yds with my black eagles . shot my logs at 50 yd an could not see any difference in wind drift from my vixen at all ranges. the arrows that shot the best for me are the same ones that shot the most consistent from my vortex . the 510 gr 2117 slams an the 435 gr black eagles. my two favorite arrows. I shot my vortex with the logs an were deadly acurrate an less wind drift at all ranges with all the arrows from my votex. so for me speeding the arrow up seems to have less drift ????