Sturdier string changer for Matrix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mister B

Sturdier string changer for Matrix

Post by Mister B »

I was a little leary of the plastic on my other string changers so I made my own. The metal parts came from Tractor Supply. The cord is 1000 pound rock climbing cord. The black is adhesive soft leather. The eyes on the metal brackets had a sharp edge on the insides which I filed down. Cheers
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
Dereck

Re: Sturdier string changer for Matrix

Post by Dereck »

good thinking
I would put more leather on it to prevent chips to your finish JMO :D
Tenpoint Matrix
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Great idea...nicely done. I too would cover up a bit more of the hook with the leather. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

My only concern would be the stress that the diameter of the rope would have on the trigger claws and mechanism.
The old saying comes to mind here that some times more is not better but it is how you use it.
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

The cord is the same size as my factory cocking rope. Works fine. It is actually seemingly more pliable, but stronger. Unfortunately small life line climbing cord isn't cheap to buy. I changed out a worn cord on my Ibex with it. Works great there too. I am always on the lookout for ways to improve my toys. This site is wonderful on that front. You got any ideas on "how to improve" post it please.
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

The same diameter?
The picture sure does give the impression it is much bigger then the one I have.
I would say my cord is about 1/3 the diameter base on the optical illusion of the pic. Now if you are taking into consideration the diameter of the clear plastic sheath then I understand.
If it does then I would think the forces invovled being applied to the trigger hooks and mechanism would be different. Whether it would be problem for you only time will tell. The good thing is that its use is very limited.
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

Sorry if you mis underheard me..it "is" larger than the string changing rope, maybe a little smaller than the plastic on it, but more the size of my "rope cocking" rope which is larger than the one on my factory stringer.....I have used this new one several times and it worked great. I am now about half afraid of the factory one on my Matrix since the round holes actually dig into the limb edges where as these metal ones fit flat against the limb. Have you ever thought what would happen if that plastic broke while it was cocked and you were looking down on it? Would tighten the old rectal sphincter at least.
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)