Not a rant, just an observation.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Not a rant, just an observation.

Post by Pydpiper »

When I bought my first crossbow I did what many do, research, a ton of it. All trails led me to Excalibur.
The history they had with quality and warranty impressed me, impressed me so much that I bought a bow, not just one but I also bought a matching one for my business partner. A couple years later I took a huge leap and bought a third one, for my wife, for our anniversary.
Did I get what I paid for? Yes! In every aspect of the word. I bought in to a company with a track record of quality products and a rock solid warranty. There are very few companies that look after a product after a sale than Excalibur.
Over the years I spent time here, in the factory and at shows watching other people experience the same joy I once did.
Issues would arise and Excalibur would step right up and address it, whether it be user error or the rare event of a defective product.
Remember the exploding limbs last year? The shooter was determined Excalibur was at fault. We tried everything we could to help the guy out, Bill T and Peter even jumped in the thread to offer assistance. It turned out the guy cooked his limbs in his car, and of course, was looked after.
As Bill and Kath phase themselves out we witnessed a price increase, but reports of customer service remain the same.
The disappearance of the ADF thread has me a bit irked, not because of the product, but because the thread was deleted.
There was a time when Excalibur would come in and try to figure the issue out, not delete it.
Still not sure what happened that day with the ADF, be it operator or equipment, and apparently Excalibur has made the decision we can't discuss those kind of issues.
I understand this forum exists on their dime, and they can do as they choose, I just never imagined that hiding an issue mid discussion would be what they would "choose".
The times are changing.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Mo wannabe

Re: Not a rant, just an observation.

Post by Mo wannabe »

Very nicely put and I for one think we all have a right to express our opions, that being said I also think the posts were getting a little out of hand. Imho
Last edited by Mo wannabe on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Dash

Post by Dash »

I thought it was strange to see the thread gone :lol: We will always be differences of opinion, but excal must have thought it was getting to heated. No harm done.
doublelung911

Post by doublelung911 »

Did anyone think to get in touch with Excalibur before starting either thread?

DL
They're there if you can get em'
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

The thread on the anti dry-fire was going nowhere and was serving no purpose so we decided to delete it. If we have a problem we have always talked about it here and will continue to do so. The problem Norm had was not an issue caused by the anti dry-fire mechanism. Some people may not like the system because it requires an additional step to de-activate but that doesn’t mean its faulty. We are going to check out Norm's trigger to see what happened, I suspect something got inside the trigger not allowing the sears to catch but we will find out when we get it. As always, we will look after the problem.

It would be much more constructive to contact us first if anybody has any sort of issue with their crossbow or accessories. Ranting about it on our forum does really no good and just starts an endless tiring thread.

And just to be clear, Bill and Kath are still heavily involved with Excalibur Crossbow. They may not be involved as much in the day to day operation of the company but they are still part of the decision making process regarding product and how things are run.

We do very little moderating here and we have always thought our members do a great job of keeping things civilized. But, every once in a while we have to step in. We appreciate everybody's understanding and if you have any comments please feel free to contact me directly.

Peter
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Thank you Peter.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

I didn't even notice it was gone. :lol:
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Sounds to me like excalibur is still doing their part to be the stand up company we all respect
Derry Hicks
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
ch312

Post by ch312 »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:The thread on the anti dry-fire was going nowhere and was serving no purpose so we decided to delete it.
you guys will delete a thread that's about an excalibur product possibly malfunctioning, yet the multiple threads that truly serve no purpose (other forums trash talking new excalibur's, cabin fever, totally off topic, etc) are allowed to live on?

that just doesn't sit right with some of us and i'll second the "times are changing" comment...
Normous

Post by Normous »

The Excalibur factory should have my M380 trigger unit next week for inspection. I have 12,000+ string pulls under my belt since 1992 ( with a smile each time I might add) and this one occurrence was my first regarding the latches not latching.
I have always held the Excalibur Customer service in high regard and in no way will I let this situation change my thoughts on Excaliburs fine product. After inspection I plan to continue on as usual.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

enormous wrote:The Excalibur factory should have my M380 trigger unit next week for inspection. I have 12,000+ string pulls under my belt since 1992 ( with a smile each time I might add) and this one occurrence was my first regarding the latches not latching.
I have always held the Excalibur Customer service in high regard and in no way will I let this situation change my thoughts on Excaliburs fine product. After inspection I plan to continue on as usual.
Maybe those monstrious pythons you call arms pulled to hard.

:lol: :lol: :lol: j/k
TheTinker

Post by TheTinker »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:The thread on the anti dry-fire was going nowhere and was serving no purpose so we decided to delete it. If we have a problem we have always talked about it here and will continue to do so. The problem Norm had was not an issue caused by the anti dry-fire mechanism. Some people may not like the system because it requires an additional step to de-activate but that doesn’t mean its faulty. We are going to check out Norm's trigger to see what happened, I suspect something got inside the trigger not allowing the sears to catch but we will find out when we get it. As always, we will look after the problem.

It would be much more constructive to contact us first if anybody has any sort of issue with their crossbow or accessories. Ranting about it on our forum does really no good and just starts an endless tiring thread.

And just to be clear, Bill and Kath are still heavily involved with Excalibur Crossbow. They may not be involved as much in the day to day operation of the company but they are still part of the decision making process regarding product and how things are run.

We do very little moderating here and we have always thought our members do a great job of keeping things civilized. But, every once in a while we have to step in. We appreciate everybody's understanding and if you have any comments please feel free to contact me directly.

Peter

Very well explained Peter; and a good move (doing what a Moderator is supposed to do).
I read through the thread and it was reminiscent of a group of Billy Goats having a head butting contest... Going virtually nowhere :?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

In the world I live in, we call that brainstorming. Getting multiple ideas and perspectives from multiple people.
Want junk, check out the tattoo thread.
One members awkwark welcome.
WMU 91
Boo string
TheTinker

Post by TheTinker »

ch312 wrote:
Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:The thread on the anti dry-fire was going nowhere and was serving no purpose so we decided to delete it.
you guys will delete a thread that's about an excalibur product possibly malfunctioning, yet the multiple threads that truly serve no purpose (other forums trash talking new excalibur's, cabin fever, totally off topic, etc) are allowed to live on?

that just doesn't sit right with some of us and i'll second the "times are changing" comment...
We are guests on this forum, even though we are a loyal following of Excalibur customers. Because little is 'Moderated', when it does happen it offends some more that if it were being Moderated regularly.

I suspect that the Moderator's quote did not correctly relay his intent; and that instead of "serving no purpose", should have reflected "was getting no where". (true) ...And adding, "after examination of the suspect part we will post our determination". I for one would be very surprised if Peter does not respond personally on the forum after having an opportunity to inspect the suspect component. :wink:
We expect Excal to replace anything "we" determine to be defective yet deny them the right to ask for an opportunity to investigate an occurrence before the masses are rallied to cast stones?
--REALLY :?:

IMHO: The latter part of your comment does have some merit.. :mrgreen: ..Tink
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

Thanks for jumping in Peter. Just another example of Excalibur doing what is best for all of us. Cheers
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes