May paint the Equinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cdnarmyguy

May paint the Equinox

Post by cdnarmyguy »

Damn
Just looked at my bow, and thought it looks the same as ever other Bow. Looking at painting it, maybe a CAD PAT (pixal) mix of Green/Brown/Blk/Tan and a lil white. I think, itll be a summer project.
What's 64 tons, green and black, and can take a deer at 3400m. A leopard tank.
strum

Re: May paint the Equinox

Post by strum »

cdnarmyguy wrote:Damn
Just looked at my bow, and thought it looks the same as ever other Bow. Looking at painting it, maybe a CAD PAT (pixal) mix of Green/Brown/Blk/Tan and a lil white. I think, itll be a summer project.
cant wait to see the pics man..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
cdnarmyguy

Post by cdnarmyguy »

Thanks
Yes a summer project, now to pic what cam, to paint it. Pixal is great, but maybe mossy oak style?
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

I was thinking light green and black tiger stripe for mine.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
Snowywolf822

Post by Snowywolf822 »

If you paint your Excalibur does it void the warranty? Cause i've been thinking of getting the Matrix 355 and hydyro coating the bow afterwards :)
cdnarmyguy

Post by cdnarmyguy »

Dont know? Anyone know here?
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Highly doubt it would void warrenty as you are doing nothing to the integrity of the bow. My concern would be lowering the value of the bow on resale. Unless you can get it done or turn out to look professional. The custom paint would be something that would have to appeal to a specific buyer.
TPM

Post by TPM »

I agree with Wheelie. I doubt it will affect the warrenty but it will limit resale appeal. If that's not a concern then go for it.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Paint it & paint it again :) Not goin to void warranty a Excal used to hand paint their models fer sale!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
cdnarmyguy

Post by cdnarmyguy »

wheelie wrote:Highly doubt it would void warrenty as you are doing nothing to the integrity of the bow. My concern would be lowering the value of the bow on resale. Unless you can get it done or turn out to look professional. The custom paint would be something that would have to appeal to a specific buyer.
I think ill be keeping it for a while. It wont be the spray can paint. I'll be air brushing it. I have a number of leaf/branch stencils, that ill be using. have seen some nice air brushed bows. Thought of dont it to my vert compound but never got around to it.
My Son in Law spray his shot gun, it turned out real nice. Sold it faster with it.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

cdnarmyguy wrote:
wheelie wrote:Highly doubt it would void warrenty as you are doing nothing to the integrity of the bow. My concern would be lowering the value of the bow on resale. Unless you can get it done or turn out to look professional. The custom paint would be something that would have to appeal to a specific buyer.
I think ill be keeping it for a while. It wont be the spray can paint. I'll be air brushing it. I have a number of leaf/branch stencils, that ill be using. have seen some nice air brushed bows. Thought of dont it to my vert compound but never got around to it.
My Son in Law spray his shot gun, it turned out real nice. Sold it faster with it.
Cool. I did an old Marlin 22 mag for a winter gun.
Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

If you do want to paint it, I wouldn't do cad pat, its really hard to make it look nice, and if it don't look right it will look like crap in my opinion. You'd be better off just sticking with leafs and stick it would look nicer and would be easier to , again though this is just one mans opinion
2012 Equinox
Shadow Zone w/ flip up scope covers
Fire Bolts w/ Blazer vanes
G5 Montecs
G5 SGH
S5 String Dampeners
Tac-pac