Does anyone use their ecal WITHOUT a scope?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowholic

Does anyone use their ecal WITHOUT a scope?

Post by xbowholic »

I have scopes on my xbows and they definately have their advantages BUT also they have disadvantages; I find myself using mine without a scope for hunting purposes more and more; I hunt tight, nasty areas that in reality, I don't need one b/c the shot is mostly under 20 yards;

Am I the only one here that goes "scopeless" at times?
Masboy

Re: Does anyone use their ecal WITHOUT a scope?

Post by Masboy »

I shoot a lot with no scope or sights an with a little practice deadly acurrate an just plain fun to shoot. sometimes a peep sight that I love but the old eyes aren,t what they use to be an trouble at low light. feels so much better without the scope for me. I plan on shooting some deer this year without sights after lots of practice this summer.I have a 4x12 adj ao with an hha laying in my bow box that I put on when testing arrows an some long range target shooting an that's about all it gets used for .
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have a red/gn single dot Holo on one of my vixens
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

Im not sure I know why but I personally love the look and feel of the Excaliburs without a scope. I guess its maybe because of one less thing that could go wrong ??? Less moving parts ? Simplicity ?
Like you said they sure do have theyre advantages.
After I get my bow back from repairs and I can prove that it does shoot good and straight then check some broadhead accuracy then I may very well go back to open sights.
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain