What's Your opinion

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cossack

Re: What's Your opinion

Post by Cossack »

Personally I prefer the Scope Bikini to flip up or see through. It protects the scope in transit, easily removed and inexpensive. Have had nothing but trouble with the flip ups staying closed, opening when needed, etc Leaving them closed in use degrades light transmission and image clarity.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Up until this past fall I hadn't had any trouble with my scope covers but this fall nothing worked right for me anyway. I personally like the flip open scope covers, whether they are see-thru or not I open both the eye and the objective cover when I need to take a shot. I like to keep my scope covers closed until I need to use it.

I was in town today at a doctors appointment for a check-up and everything was fine and I took my crossbow to the Canadian Tire Store and they have a huge assortment of Butler Creek Scope Covers. I had never seen them before today. I called the other day to see if they had any in stock because I had never seen any before in there. They are in a position that is somewhat hidden.

By the way the Butler Creek Flip Open Scope Cover is #19 for the Eye Lens Cover for the Lumi-Zone Scope for anyone else wanting this info. I never checked the Objective Lens Cover, I had to get to my doctors appointment, I will do that another day just so I know and so I can let you folks know. I still have the Butler Creek Blizzard Scope Cover on the Objective Lens anyway so I am in no big hurry to spend for another scope cover when there is no need to.

Thanks,
Raymond
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I have not been able to find one that fits the ocular lens of my shadowzone. I don't mind finding one that a wee bit to big because a wrap or two with painters tape fixes it, but so far I have not found a see through red button one.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I haven't seen a see-thru red button one either. I am certain that they do not make the see-thru ones with a red button.
Raymond
strum

Post by strum »

Cossack wrote:Personally I prefer the Scope Bikini to flip up or see through. It protects the scope in transit, easily removed and inexpensive. Have had nothing but trouble with the flip ups staying closed, opening when needed, etc Leaving them closed in use degrades light transmission and image clarity.
x2 on the bikini....i use em on all my scopes..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Raymond wrote:I haven't seen a see-thru red button one either. I am certain that they do not make the see-thru ones with a red button.
Raymond

I think your right Ray, I was sure I had a red button see through, so I went hunting through my junk and found two red button ones and sure enough they were NOT see through.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone