Kentucky Crossbow Legislation

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big58cal

Kentucky Crossbow Legislation

Post by Big58cal »

Where I haven't been on here much lately, someone may have already put this on here, I don't know. Anyway, there's been a bill (HB417) introduced into the KY House of Representatives to allow full inclusion of crossbows in the entire archery season. Here's a link to the page on the LRC where the bill is:

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13RS/HB417.htm
HB 417 (BR 1183) - F. Steele, L. Combs

AN ACT relating to hunting with crossbow.
Amend 150.370 to allow use of crossbow during the entire archery season; require the Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources to promulgate administrative regulations that specify characteristics of the crossbow.

Feb 19-introduced in House
Feb 20-to Natural Resources & Environment (H); posted in committee
They're supposed to vote on it sometime this month. You folks in KY that are on here, write your Reps and ask them to support this bill. You folks not in KY, contact anyone in KY that you may know and let them know about this.

Though I would rather not have the legislature involved with F&W related season issues like this, due to having a Commissioner of the KDFWR without a set of balls to stand up to the special interest groups, this looks like about the only way that we're going to get full inclusion.

Ya'll help get the word out!
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.