Excalibur Rope Cocker

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rattlerun

Excalibur Rope Cocker

Post by rattlerun »

Could anyone tell me if the brass rollers on the rope cocker hooks are suppose to be free-wheeling or does the rope just slide through them. Mine are very stiff, and don't roll without plies. (gently) Tried some W-D-40 and that didn't help at all.
frisky

Re: Excalibur Rope Cocker

Post by frisky »

rattlerun wrote:Could anyone tell me if the brass rollers on the rope cocker hooks are suppose to be free-wheeling or does the rope just slide through them. Mine are very stiff, and don't roll without plies. (gently) Tried some W-D-40 and that didn't help at all.
Yes they should be free wheeling :(
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

I believe that they are fixed without any bearing and the rope just slides across the brass inserts at least they are on mine.

On closer inspection I was able to get BOTH of my brass rollers spinning freely.
Last edited by Deerstalker on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
TheTinker

Post by TheTinker »

frisky wrote:
rattlerun wrote:Could anyone tell me if the brass rollers on the rope cocker hooks are suppose to be free-wheeling or does the rope just slide through them. Mine are very stiff, and don't roll without plies. (gently) Tried some W-D-40 and that didn't help at all.
Yes they should be free wheeling :(
WD-40 is not really a good lubricant for rollers like this -it gets gummy over time :? WD stands for Water Displacement (anti-rust) the 40 was the 40th concoction they brewed up!

When mine were new they free wheeled, now they turn with effort. I'll put a little Break-Free on 'em... Thanks for bringing it to my attention :mrgreen:
rattlerun

Post by rattlerun »

If they should be free-wheeling and aren't, how do I get them moving? They seem so tightly put into the plastic hooks.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Free wheeling and don't worry about lubricating those. :o