Matrix 380 Limbs starting to Break?!?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pinshooter

Re: Matrix 380 Limbs starting to Break?!?

Post by pinshooter »

Go shoot and don't worry about it, just cosmetic :)
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

800 shots and counting! :wink:

And (hopefully) out again this afternoon!! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
luvtohunt

Post by luvtohunt »

Hi everyone I just wanted to let everyone know that yesterday my good friend, my wife and myself were out hunting deer on our last couple of days in eastern Ontario. We all have Excalibur crossbows my friend just bought the new Matrix 380. we were very impressed with it until he tried unloading the bow yesterday and the bow broke apart almost lashing him it the face. As he pulled up with the caulking aid to un load it the end cap on the end of the limb broke off causing the sting to fly off and cancel his last 2 days of hunting. I cant believe that the caps on the end of the limbs are glued on . No one at Excalibur to answer the phones. Don't think I will be upgrading. This is the second matrix that broke the store I went to last night said they had a 355 come back with a snapped limb
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....scary thought....will check my Matrix 380 before shooting again....I have about 30 shots with it so far...and did not notice any issue whatsoever....
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'd be interested to see a picture of the fiasco.
As far as the damaged limb goes virtually all of the ones I'm aware of were 355 without anti dryfire units on them. So draw your own conclusions.
They don't "snap" the either tear the limb tips off and sometimes it takes a bit of limb with it but the only "snapped" limbs I've heard about are ones subjected to heat.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

luvtohunt wrote:Hi everyone I just wanted to let everyone know that yesterday my good friend, my wife and myself were out hunting deer on our last couple of days in eastern Ontario. We all have Excalibur crossbows my friend just bought the new Matrix 380. we were very impressed with it until he tried unloading the bow yesterday and the bow broke apart almost lashing him it the face. As he pulled up with the caulking aid to un load it the end cap on the end of the limb broke off causing the sting to fly off and cancel his last 2 days of hunting. I cant believe that the caps on the end of the limbs are glued on . No one at Excalibur to answer the phones. Don't think I will be upgrading. This is the second matrix that broke the store I went to last night said they had a 355 come back with a snapped limb
Photos, or it never happened.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
luvtohunt

Post by luvtohunt »

Like I said I happen to my friend I have better things to do that posting crap I just wanted other to know about what happened i will posting a picture when I have time
Boo

Post by Boo »

luvtohunt wrote:Like I said I happen to my friend I have better things to do that posting crap I just wanted other to know about what happened i will posting a picture when I have time
Normous

Post by Normous »

You took a photo as I understand it?
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Dash

Post by Dash »

Snapping hey......... I've never heard of this material breaking against the grain of the fibre. Would love to see a photo.
Did the limb cap pull off, break off, end of the limb break? What happened there?
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I bought a crossbow with the tip of the limb missing and it was told the crossbow was being uncocked and the guy couldn't hold it and resulted in kinda a dryfire/slam the ground one tip at a time and off flew the tip and string....hard to believe a tip flew off while ridding it down but anything is possible. Sounds like your friend was lucky and a photo would help us know if it was broke or just a tip that flew off.
Waif

Post by Waif »

luvtohunt wrote:Like I said I happen to my friend I have better things to do that posting crap I just wanted other to know about what happened i will posting a picture when I have time
That,s funny right there!
Get your better things accomplished, then back up your words with evidence of what failed and how.. Broke off vs you not liking glue ?????.
Mean while I will not doubt the integrity of a 380 till I hear it from those who build them that there is any issue. Ain,t their first rodeo with glass and its attributes.
Good luck hunting,for what ever your after.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Most members start their first post with some sort if introduction the way I see it. Trolls on the other hand start their first post with negative bashing and luvtohunt digs up a 6 month old dead post to introduce his intentions.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

Absolutely! He wades through 9 months of threads, he has no pictures, "calls" Excalibur between Christmas and New Years when they will be obviously short handed, he has better things to do, he joins to tell us all about a bow that isn't his, it is his very first post, tells us about a limb tip that comes off..............did I miss anything?
No credibility with or without pictures. I'll believe it when Peter confirms it.
Last edited by Boo on Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Tough crowd, Tough Crowd. :shock:
Let's straighten him out and leave him some dignity. :D