1st Serving - A bit more self reliant now

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JT of PA

1st Serving - A bit more self reliant now

Post by JT of PA »

(double-click on picture to magnify it)

(double-click on picture to magnify it)

After watching Boo's serving videos multiple times I made a trip to Masboy's to borrow his string stretcher and try out my new Outer Limit Archery Serving Jig and Angel Majesty Serving Material in 0.26 diameter.

First off ... real life is not like the movies. :lol:

How does Boo make it look so effortless?

Masboy was a great help and showed me the finer details you only learn from experience. Boo was the professor and Masboy the instructor. Overall I learned that when I build my string stretcher I need to make it higher than I thought ... close to chest high and I'll need a pair of leather gloves. Masboy uses an auto-body panel pulling hook that is perfect to pull the serving tighter every few loops.

Boo - Thank You for the "heads up" regarding the Outer Limit Serving Jig. It worked great and that larger knob for tension was a breeze to adjust.

Masboy said I did good for my first string and hopefully it won't fly off after one shot. Boo told me to practice, practice, practice and he's right. Driving to my next destination I was going over what I can do to improve the next one.

I'm not up to making a string yet ... however, today was another step toward being more self reliant when it comes to my crossbow, (great feeling).

Thank You Boo for all your help through e-mails, videos and attachments, (I couldn't have done it without you making me believe I could do it).

Masboy, I appreciate your friendship, kindness and the way you don't mind teaching a newbie the basics ... what is basic to you is very advanced to me. :)

All the best,
John
vixenmaster

Re: 1st Serving - A bit more self reliant now

Post by vixenmaster »

Lookin good robinhood!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Hoagy

Post by Hoagy »

Looks great JT, congrats on your first serving!
Hoagy
Dash

Post by Dash »

Its a great feeling to be more self sufficient and be able to keep your own bow maintained for little cost, well done.
excalibrett

Post by excalibrett »

Lookin' good JT :D
Excal Matrix 380
Leupold VX1 2-7x32
Black Eagles
Boo Strings
custom Munchmount

Strykezone 380
Hawke xb30
Black Eagles