Where did the Turkeys go?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bunt

Where did the Turkeys go?

Post by Bunt »

What's happening to the Turkeys? Their numbers seem to be in decline, at least in my area. Is this isolated to where I hunt in the Port Stanley area or has anybody else noticed a similar decline? Is it possible that the coyotes are killing them or maybe Raccoon's are getting into the eggs? Is it the weather? Overhunting?
Last edited by Bunt on Sat May 25, 2013 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bronzeback

Re: Where did the Turkeys go?

Post by Bronzeback »

No shortage here.....I was just out back shooting my 380 and had one gobbling every time the bow fired. Season starts this coming Saturday!!! That critter is on borrowed time!!!
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Start coyote hunting and help them out and start buying furs again people quit buying furs and the predator population skyrocketed its happening alot of places
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
drkillemquick

Post by drkillemquick »

In our area turkeys have held fairly firm population wise the last 5 to 10 years, before that there were in my opinion a lot more. I think predators are a big reason why, this season we are going to try to take a big bite out of there numbers to help the turkeys as well as the deer population.
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

http://www.arboristsite.com/joke-funny- ... 234700.htm This guy seen one up close and personal.