2.5 Pound TriggerTech Hunting Trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

2.5 Pound TriggerTech Hunting Trigger

Post by Normous »

The quality of your crossbow components has a primary influence on the accuracy of your shooting provided you are doing your part well, a quality trigger is a key component in the entire process.

At age 8 my father taught me gun safety so that he could introduce me to .22 target shooting at an early age. He must have had mixed feelings after shortening one of his older Anschutz .22 by cutting the stock to fit me. This was my first introduction to a target style trigger that broke just over 1 pound. In my 30's and 40's my Custom Varmint guns had great trigger jobs, Timney Triggers and one 6mm-284 with a Jewell Trigger that was my favourite over all triggers. One can only smile when your trigger breaks as nicely as a Jewell.

Boo's trigger job on 3 of my current Excaliburs were certainly a noticable improvement to the stock unit and I highly recommend his work to anyone requiring an improvement to the stock unit.

Today TriggerTech has entered the crossbow market with two new drop in units that look on the outside like the factory trigger in 1.5 # target and 2.5 pound hunting units. The inside components have been re engineered. Danny Miller and Don Katsumi provided a great deal of input to these precise units prior to production and the outcome is spectacular.

TrggerTech ships 1-2 day XPost with tracking numbers and insurance, something for piece of mind.
The units are well packaged with easy to read instructions. 7 new screws are provided for your convenience.
1) - trigger arm
4) - scope mount
2) - to secure unit to mainframe.

The swap was easy. Before installation I placed the stock and Triggertech units on the scale and to my surprise the TT was 14 grams or 1/2 ounce lighter in weight. That is always a good thing. I quickly discovered that the trigger was slightly rubbing the side of my Matrix trigger cut out. A small file or Dremel in my case quickly provided the needed clearance.

The 2.5 pound TT unit exhibits a slight take up (1/8" or so) to a solid wall and breaks very clean as a quality trigger should. The way I see it, Mats and Frank at TriggerTech have engineered the best possible trigger units that could grace Excalibur Crossbows. Way to go guys!

Last edited by Normous on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Hoagy

Re: 2.5 Pound TriggerTech Hunting Trigger

Post by Hoagy »

Hey enormous, thanks for the review on 2.5. I can't imagine shooting a matrix with this trigger. Maybe some day.
Hoagy
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

Thanks for taking the time for the review. Im looking forward to getting mine soon. Shipping is a few more days for the lower 48 but I think it will be worth it.
I hope you continue to enjoy it more and more especially after more usage.
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Nice aftermarket trigger, it would be nice not to have so much take up found on factory triggers.

Can I buy this for my Equinox and later swap it into a Matrix?

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's

Post by newbie »

yooper_man wrote:Nice aftermarket trigger, it would be nice not to have so much take up found on factory triggers.

Andrew
Look close at the pictures of the box it came in. You will find your answer there :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

newbie wrote:
yooper_man wrote:Nice aftermarket trigger, it would be nice not to have so much take up found on factory triggers.

Andrew
Look close at the pictures of the box it came in. You will find your answer there :wink:
Awesome yes I see it now.

Thank you,
Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
rej

Post by rej »

Andrew
Go to their website:

http://triggertech.com/

They have all instructions and really good ones.
Bobber

Post by Bobber »

I just bought my first crossbow a Matrix 380. I am interested in the after market
trigger that you are writing about by Trigger Tech. Could you please post a phone number or address.
Thanks,Bobber
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Bobber wrote:I just bought my first crossbow a Matrix 380. I am interested in the after market
trigger that you are writing about by Trigger Tech. Could you please post a phone number or address.
Thanks,Bobber
Welcome good choice on the 380 youll love it I love mine :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Normous

Post by Normous »

EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Very interesting read. Thanks for posting this.
Thanks,
Raymond
La Balestra Moderna

Post by La Balestra Moderna »

Hello Guys
but you know if this shot, as housing and tighten it, it's good enough on the Micro?

Thanks !!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ciao Ragazzi
ma sapete se questo scatto, come alloggiamento e per stringerlo, va bene anche sulla Micro?

Grazie!!
S&W M&P 22
Ruger 10/22 Tactical .22lr + Hawke Nite-Eye Digital 6-24x50SF (10x Half MD)
Arco Brown Bear 58" 60#
Balestra Excalibur Matrix 380 Blackout + Hawke XB1 1.5-5x32 sr + Diablo 18"
Boo

Post by Boo »

Bobber wrote:I just bought my first crossbow a Matrix 380. I am interested in the after market
Thanks,Bobber
Danny Miller is one of their dealers 740 483 2312
Some people just like stepping on rakes
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I have [in my Y-25] hat was told to me, the 1st one they ever sold. Happy, happy, happy......lol.

Here's the story behind this.....On my way to Boofest '12 and am at Danny Millers to meet up w/ him for the trip North. He has me test one in his basement.

By that I mean hold an xbow up to a target in the rafters and just pull the trigger, no room to shoulder the xbow.

I tried my dangest to get one at that yeas Boofest to no avail.........it was worth the wait........
"Eze 18:21"
SEW

Post by SEW »

I have a 2.5# DS TT on both xbows(380/405). Very nice. My understanding is that the triggers coming out of Excalibur, ESP the M405, are improved over previously offered Excals.