deck wax??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bowhunter1

deck wax??

Post by bowhunter1 »

hey guys what type / or brand of deck/rail lube do you guys use? also how often should I wax the rail? i shoot about 4 times a weeks approx 10 arrows each time. do i need to wax the serving too since it rides on the rail??? thank you for any info . :?:

Re: deck wax??

Post by newbie »

Dont wax the deck! Just a little on the serving and every 30 shots or so just rub the serving to redistribute the wax. I clean my rail with silicone spray. It removes built up wax that accumulates from the string . Waxing the rail will just attract dirt and cause premature serving wear.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

I use excal rail lube
However I do not apply it directly from the tube to the rail. I apply it to my finger tips rubbing them togeither to form a very thin layer on the tips. I then wipe the both sides of the rail using my lubed finger tips applying an even film of lube the entire lenght.
The result is a very fine film which tends to not gather dirt.
I repeat this application after every 20 shots or before the start of a days hunt.
Before each rail lube application I use a barely damp white soft cloth with WD40 on it and wipe the rail clean. Then wipe the rail with a dry white cloth to remove any residue of WD40.
Then I reapply a fresh film of rail lube.

This in combination with a waxed serving shows next to no serving wear after hundreds of shots.

No actual readings but I also a suspect slight fps increase vs no lube or excess lube.
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

I haven't tried any on an excalibur yet but scorpyd venom lube is the best lube I've found. I will be trying it on my 355 soon.
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Only wax i use is Daltons & jus on the center servin of Flemish style strings. I clean my rail wid rubbin alcohol 91%. After its dryed i put jigaloo on a rag n rub on me rail deck!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bowhunter1

Post by bowhunter1 »

thank you all for the info, my equinox eats servings on my Flemish strings like Rosey Odonell :lol: eating donuts. so hopefully i can slow the monster down a little. its getting expensive. :evil:
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

vixenmaster wrote:Only wax i use is Daltons & jus on the center servin of Flemish style strings. I clean my rail wid rubbin alcohol 91%. After its dryed i put jigaloo on a rag n rub on me rail deck!
x2 on using jigaloo
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

bowhunter1 wrote:thank you all for the info, my equinox eats servings on my Flemish strings like Rosey Odonell :lol: eating donuts. so hopefully i can slow the monster down a little. its getting expensive. :evil:
I was in the same boat w/ my Emax. Life got better when the string prices went up and I started serving my own........
"Eze 18:21"
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Deaf jeff wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Only wax i use is Daltons & jus on the center servin of Flemish style strings. I clean my rail wid rubbin alcohol 91%. After its dryed i put jigaloo on a rag n rub on me rail deck!
x2 on using jigaloo
If I could find jigaloo here in the states I would use it but I did find a GM brand silicone spray that works just as good.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads

Post by newbie »

xcaliber wrote:Bowhunter1, what type of serving material are you using, and have you done a little polishing on the latches? Also, I have messed with a bunch of different waxes, and I found two that i like a lot. I would mention it here, but it might go against popular belief! PM me, I'll let you in on it.

Dan
Mention it away. I am testing out some different waxes too. Thats the great thing about forums guys learn from others experiences! I don't use jigaloo I use a mastercraft silicone spray to clean my rail and whole bow actually.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Hester0305 wrote:
Deaf jeff wrote:
x2 on using jigaloo
If I could find jigaloo here in the states I would use it but I did find a GM brand silicone spray that works just as good.
I find my jigaloo at auto parts stores. which is auto zone here locally
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Dash

Post by Dash »

newbie wrote:Dont wax the deck! Just a little on the serving and every 30 shots or so just rub the serving to redistribute the wax. I clean my rail with silicone spray. It removes built up wax that accumulates from the string . Waxing the rail will just attract dirt and cause premature serving wear.
X2