Target Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rattlerun

Target Question

Post by rattlerun »

So today I was shooting my Matrix 355 and seem to have it zeroed in from 20 to 50 yard shots with 3, 1 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards, shooting into my Spyder Web target. I decided to try my hand at shooting some Slick Tricks into my older Glendale Full Rut Buck. I shot one field point, then one broadhead at 30 yards. I did this three times trying to index the broadhead by rotating the lock and load inserts. I got within inch of the fieldpoint. Here is my problem. Between each set of shots I spent about 15 to 20 minutes cleaning foam off my GoldTip Lazer 3 Pro s. I would have like to have shot more but got discouraged with all the cleaning. Any suggestions. Waxing shafts, different target, or different broadhead????? Sometime, I will have to get these arrows set up for hunting.
Hester0305

Re: Target Question

Post by Hester0305 »

We a bar of soap and rub on the ends of our arrows in 3 D competition. I also use a lube tube that is mounted to my folding chair. I use Tire Shine to spray in my lube tube, arrows pull out of the targets a lot better. Lube tubes can be found at www.lancasterarchery.com.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
rattlerun

Post by rattlerun »

If you put soap on to ease the arrow out, won't it also ease it in further?
ldock

Post by ldock »

I was told to use wd40,it works.Then a buddy said use (unscented) woody's arrow lube, works great.All it takes is just a dab onthe tip,point, broad head etc, and a little on the first couple of inchesof the arrow. also I was told not to leave the arrows in the target shoot and retreive arrows causes less time to cool and stick. I hope this helps it has worked for me.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Arrow lube definately helps but using target tips like an easy pull from Gold tip and other companies will help even more.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

rattlerun wrote:So today I was shooting my Matrix 355 and seem to have it zeroed in from 20 to 50 yard shots with 3, 1 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards, shooting into my Spyder Web target. I decided to try my hand at shooting some Slick Tricks into my older Glendale Full Rut Buck. I shot one field point, then one broadhead at 30 yards. I did this three times trying to index the broadhead by rotating the lock and load inserts. I got within inch of the fieldpoint. Here is my problem. Between each set of shots I spent about 15 to 20 minutes cleaning foam off my GoldTip Lazer 3 Pro s. I would have like to have shot more but got discouraged with all the cleaning. Any suggestions. Waxing shafts, different target, or different broadhead????? Sometime, I will have to get these arrows set up for hunting.
I spray jigaloo(silicone spra) on the first couple inches of the arrow and it has worked well for me and my vortex,hopefully a 355 by the time fall arrives
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Take some acetone and wipe logo off of shafts. Simple and easy and no more Sticking issues. It is the paint of logo causing issue.