bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

bolts

Post by warningshot »

is crazy farmer still onhere if so does he still make some bolts....i had a pheonix and sold it a few years back and regretted it ever since....i now picked up a nice exocett but need a few good looking bolts....or is there good ones anyone can recomend ...i have a couple of firebolts but will need more

Re: bolts

Post by newbie »

Contact BJN aka Big John he will make you some 'good looking' arrows. Your local hardware store will sell you some bolts if that's what you are after, but I have yet to see a good looking one! :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I read some posts on AT where he hangs out now & again shootin a Horton Fury. You may fine him there
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Big John X2

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
diesel

Post by diesel »

Big John lives in Canada so shipping would be easier and he does an awesome job
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Big John is your man! TOP NOTCH!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
TheTinker

Post by TheTinker »

newbie wrote: Your local hardware store will sell you some bolts if that's what you are after, but I have yet to see a good looking one! :wink:
You bring up a point I have pondered for quite awhile.
The Medieval, maybe even the pre-Medieval times produced the 'bow', which propelled 'arrows' as their projectiles. Medieval times also produced the 'Crossbow' [as in my avatar], ancestor of your Matrix. The 'Crossbow' shot projectiles, commonly referred to as 'bolts'.
Maybe, the 'Bow' was kept too close to the 'Crossbow' and the projectiles got a little mixed up? :mrgreen:

My 355 shoots BOLTS...
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

TheTinker wrote:
newbie wrote: Your local hardware store will sell you some bolts if that's what you are after, but I have yet to see a good looking one! :wink:
You bring up a point I have pondered for quite awhile.
The Medieval, maybe even the pre-Medieval times produced the 'bow', which propelled 'arrows' as their projectiles. Medieval times also produced the 'Crossbow' [as in my avatar], ancestor of your Matrix. The 'Crossbow' shot projectiles, commonly referred to as 'bolts'.
Maybe, the 'Bow' was kept too close to the 'Crossbow' and the projectiles got a little mixed up? :mrgreen:

My 355 shoots BOLTS...
My 380 shoots both. I also shoot compound bow arrows which are smaller in diameter as the bolt but cut down to 20 inches. I use a heavy arrow and they shoot great.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads

Post by newbie »

Funny my 355 shoots short arrows! :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Bronzeback

Post by Bronzeback »

Dude....Buy the stuff and make your own....This isn't rocket science....I bought a Cabelas Arrow Cut-Off Tool, Fletched Arrow Squaring Tool F.A.S.T., Arizona EZ Fletch Bolt, 20" BEA Executioner Shafts...Cut them to 18's, BEA Inserts, BEA Flat Nocks, 2" Blazer Vanes, Can of Acetone, Tube of Super Glue....DONE.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

It may not be rocket science, but not everyone has the time or patience to build them.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Bronzeback

Post by Bronzeback »

Bullzeye wrote:It may not be rocket science, but not everyone has the time or patience to build them.
I suppose....Patience and Time are a couple factors. My main reason for "rolling my own" is so I know EXACTLY what I am getting and if something fails it is 100% my fault...A couple other cases is loading your own ammo and mounting your own scopes. It's kind of one of those "fool me once; fool me twice" kind of things.
diesel

Post by diesel »

Making your own arrows is lots of fun and arrows for crossbows are changing so much and so fast right now. I've built arrows for friends and family for a few years now and thought I was doing everything I could to make the arrows all shoot the same .
How much I have learned in the last 6 or 8 months and with some of the testing I have done I will not tell people to buy Gold Tip Laser II any more. There are a lot better shafts out there and they do not cost that much more.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I make my own ammo for all my rifles but for some reason making my own arrows has not interested me ...... Yet lol
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone