shooting a bow after neck fusion

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mb5200

shooting a bow after neck fusion

Post by mb5200 »

I had two disk's replaced and fusion in my C4-5&6 last month and was wondering if anyone else had had this done and was able to continue shooting cross bows.
I love my bow and would hate to have to give it up so soon after getting into them.
georgiaboy

Re: shooting a bow after neck fusion

Post by georgiaboy »

I've had L4 & L5 done on me yrs ago...i took 6 months off and then eased back into it. :D
Take your time and heal up first!! You may have to shoot a lower poundage bow or use a cranking aid but you will be back in the game!!! :wink:
Just take your time...GOOD LUCK!!
Last edited by georgiaboy on Mon May 20, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Ah that game! I went under twice in 05, L4 & 5. Still have one in upper spine & one in my neck. Had it done in late May & Doc said walk at least 2 miles every mornin noon & evenin. I was shootin my E'cet 200 in July usin rope cocker. Nutten wrong wid a crank my friend & it will be so much easier on you too!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i am faceing this in 4 weeks myself neck fusion going to do my bear hunt back 2 days going in to get done
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Take your time and heal first and listen to your doctors. I have to use a crank-a-roo because of back and neck issues also, it is slower, and not as fun target shooting anymore. But at least I can still shoot my crossbow and I am so very thankful for that.
Raymond
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Yup, I crank also due to neck i jury, not as quick, but does the job.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Dash

Post by Dash »

Raymond wrote:Take your time and heal first and listen to your doctors. I have to use a crank-a-roo because of back and neck issues also, it is slower, and not as fun target shooting anymore. But at least I can still shoot my crossbow and I am so very thankful for that.
Raymond
Like raymond and bullzeye, you have the option of the crankaroo if the back is still a problem during cocking. Also with the newer excals like the matrix 350 being shorter, lighter, and bringing the bow weight closer to the body, it should really ease the back strain for people with injuries.
snowman485

Post by snowman485 »

Had c4-5 fused and can no longer shoot my longbows,the discs above and below the fusion are bulged now.Thanks to my lovely wife I got a crossbow and have no troubles shooting my axiom.Took a small buck last season and a nice turkey this spring.
ranger

Post by ranger »

mb5200 wrote:I had two disk's replaced and fusion in my C4-5&6 last month and was wondering if anyone else had had this done and was able to continue shooting cross bows.
I love my bow and would hate to have to give it up so soon after getting into them.
I had my c7-c6-c5-c4 fused and plated and now my c3-c2-c1 are bad, they will not due anymore surgery on me(via Mayo Clinic)so now I am in the process of having a pain pump installed in my side, I am going through Fentanyl detox right now, they will do a test on my neck and if all goes well I will have surgery 10 days after that for the pump..

The reason I shoot crossbow is my neck, I can't pull a rope so I use a Acudraw on my 10point and I am looking at getting a ropecocker for my Y25 Relayer, I have seen ones that you put on the back of the stock then take off..I do not want to install a Acudraw 50 on my Y25 Excalibur..

So the answer is yes you can keep on shooting your Crossbow.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
mb5200

Post by mb5200 »

your information is promising. I have my 30 day check up on Friday, so we'll see how it goes.
I may have to consider selling my equinox for something a little lighter.
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

I had neck surgery may 2012 .Took it easy like the dr said.But hunted all last year with my xbows. Got 4 deer in the freezer . I have not had any problem at all.If you turn out like my surgery you will not miss a lick.
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
mb5200

Post by mb5200 »

Well saw the surgeon on Friday and still to soon to tell the result from surgery.
Still can't drive and no lifting anything over 5 pounds, I am so damn bored!!!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hang in there & read all the old posts on the Forum :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315