Axiom vs Ibex

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bwisner

Axiom vs Ibex

Post by bwisner »

I recently suffered a shoulder injury and have decided to make the shift to a crossbow. After checking out different types, I'm focused on either the Axiom or Ibex. The only difference I see is the thumbhole stock. Are there any other differences?
Thanks.
massbow

Re: Axiom vs Ibex

Post by massbow »

price!
Team 355
bwisner

Post by bwisner »

Thought maybe it was just the price but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks for the replies - can't wait to get it and try it out!
Hoagy

Post by Hoagy »

Welcome to the forum.
The main difference between the Axiom SMF and the Ibex SMF is the style of stock. The Axiom SMF has the standard traditional style stock and has Advantage Timber camo where the Ibex SMF has the thumbhole style stock and AP camo.
Either xbow will serve you well. Enjoy,
Hoagy
bowmaker

Post by bowmaker »

I was asking the same questions back in March. I decided on the Axiom because I liked that more traditional stock feel. The Ibex stock just didn't feel as comfortable and I read that there could be a bit of a problem with the safety and gloves in cold weather. I haven't shot my Axiom much yet, maybe 50 or 60 shots, but I really like it but I will have to adjust to the noise. I don't anticipate that to be much of a problem, especially hunting.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Welcome to the forum. I myself prefer the traditional stock but I am shooting a thumbhole stock at the moment.
Raymond
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

For noise, get a Boo w/ whiskers and go up a few, like 25 gr in arrow weight, best there is for noise reduction save the proverbial earplugs, lol :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Anutter thing is the Ibex is 1" shorter so that maybe a plus fer you. Be same poundage
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

bowmaker wrote:I was asking the same questions back in March. I decided on the Axiom because I liked that more traditional stock feel. The Ibex stock just didn't feel as comfortable and I read that there could be a bit of a problem with the safety and gloves in cold weather. I haven't shot my Axiom much yet, maybe 50 or 60 shots, but I really like it but I will have to adjust to the noise. I don't anticipate that to be much of a problem, especially hunting.
I'm curious what you mean by problem with the safety and gloves? They have the same safety but the standard stocks you don't have to move your hand off the grip to flip the safety off. Is that what you mean?
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380