Why Should I update My Bows ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ranger

Re: Why Should I update My Bows ?

Post by ranger »

Post like this get me in trouble hahaha :lol: and now I own a Matrix 380 Blackout :D that will hang with my Y25,it will get used a lot more then the Y25.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Well if its not going to burden you financially, the why not? With the collection you have I can only see it being enhanced and variety is the spice of life.

I'd like to had one to compliment my Phoenix, not replace it as none of your previous Xbows have in your collection.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I was headed down the updated bow road until yesterday when my Phoenix delivered 2" groups at 30,40 and 50 yards. My Vortex bettered that today with comparable accuracy plus two side by side at 60. That's about as good as my 73 yr young arms can do it any more. :D
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have been a ponderin this here subject again today. Sure i would like to own a matrix. I could also take that amount of funds & make Boofest next yr. I have killed dump truck loads of tick toters thru the yrs & well over 100 wid me Excals wid their speed as they are 218 fps up to 350 wid old Mad Max of whom went down the road awhile back. So wid several Excals hangin on pegs on the walls gatherin dust til their turn comes around. Think i will jus wait a few yrs & watch y'all buy n shoot them. Think i will start shootin some bigger Bucks wid me Vixens :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Bones

Post by Bones »

vixenmaster wrote:I have been a ponderin this here subject again today. Sure i would like to own a matrix. I could also take that amount of funds & make Boofest next yr. I have killed dump truck loads of tick toters thru the yrs & well over 100 wid me Excals wid their speed as they are 218 fps up to 350 wid old Mad Max of whom went down the road awhile back. So wid several Excals hangin on pegs on the walls gatherin dust til their turn comes around. Think i will jus wait a few yrs & watch y'all buy n shoot them. Think i will start shootin some bigger Bucks wid me Vixens :)

As of this year a vixen still owns the ontario record crossbow Moose !
Bones
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I don't plan of selling my 2012 Equinox at a loss, so I will keep it. The Matrix series is too new, so I have to give it a few years.

I now have a well tuned killing (The Beast) machine. Plus I know it shoots close to the Matrix 355 and the Equinox size fits me fine.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
ranger

Post by ranger »

yooper_man wrote:I don't plan of selling my 2012 Equinox at a loss, so I will keep it. The Matrix series is too new, so I have to give it a few years.

I now have a well tuned killing (The Beast) machine. Plus I know it shoots close to the Matrix 355 and the Equinox size fits me fine.

Andrew
I agree the Matrix is new but I believe they have been testing it for about 4 years before the release of it.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

I only have a 2008 exocet 200 when I first got my crossbow, I don't need the next best thing out there....if it is not broke why do I need to fix it :wink: ....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I only hunt with my Excals. I dont shoot 3D ( not much around here that crossbows are included in ). My Excals all shoot better than I do, are nearly bullet proof tough and dependable.They are the ultimate hunting tool. But..... the Matrix line are 6 inches narrower and 4 inches shorter.....wow, thats got to be a great thing in the woods.Thats got to be a great thing in a pop-up, thats got to be a great thing to put in your vehicle to haul. Think maybe they really did make a better mouse trap. I see one in my future but not in my bank account right now! :lol: :lol:
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

flightattendant100 wrote:I only hunt with my Excals. I dont shoot 3D ( not much around here that crossbows are included in ). My Excals all shoot better than I do, are nearly bullet proof tough and dependable.They are the ultimate hunting tool. But..... the Matrix line are 6 inches narrower and 4 inches shorter.....wow, thats got to be a great thing in the woods.Thats got to be a great thing in a pop-up, thats got to be a great thing to put in your vehicle to haul. Think maybe they really did make a better mouse trap. I see one in my future but not in my bank account right now! :lol: :lol:
x2!
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

ranger wrote:
yooper_man wrote:I don't plan of selling my 2012 Equinox at a loss, so I will keep it. The Matrix series is too new, so I have to give it a few years.

Andrew
I agree the Matrix is new but I believe they have been testing it for about 4 years before the release of it.

I am sure you are right, but for me the real testers are real owners with real results. Not some paid pro staff tester.

No, I will give it a minimum of five years before I would consider buying one.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I for one bought the matrix 380 and kept my Nox. For a back up. The matrix is a fine bow and have never regretted the purchase. I guess to each his own
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

Does my 355 kill any better than my Vixen or my Ibex? No. Does my old A5 kill any more ducks than my Benelli? No. Did my Mathews kill any better than my old Bear recurve? No. I update because I am addicted to the sport. The biggest problem I see is someone saying the newer units are better. They're not. Then why do I update so often. I'm a wild and crazy, new gadget addict. Except for women, I like variety. Half the fun of this sport is wringing my hands and drooling when I see something new come out. Heck, I ain't seen an armored car backed up to funeral yet. Cheers
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Mister B wrote:Does my 355 kill any better than my Vixen or my Ibex? No. Does my old A5 kill any more ducks than my Benelli? No. Did my Mathews kill any better than my old Bear recurve? No. I update because I am addicted to the sport. The biggest problem I see is someone saying the newer units are better. They're not. Then why do I update so often. I'm a wild and crazy, new gadget addict. Except for women, I like variety. Half the fun of this sport is wringing my hands and drooling when I see something new come out. Heck, I ain't seen an armored car backed up to funeral yet. Cheers
I feel you Mister B, ..Its just in us.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Its a good thing i am broke busted n disgusted or i would own a Matrix! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315