HECS Suit

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

HECS Suit

Post by nchunterkw »

Saw the "Hunting with HECS" show the other day. This product was new to me so I started checking it out. I saw it came out in 2010, and there was a thread on here in 2011. Since we are 2 years out from that I thought I'd put up a new thread.
As an electrical engineer, I can say that the principle is sound - i.e. a Farrady Cage will prevent an electromagnetic field from being transmitted.

So two questions:
1) Anybody have one and can share their experience
2) Can deer and other animals sense my electromagnetic field.

Please, I understand almost everyone on here has had deer very close and relaxed etc. and has shot plenty of deer. And we will all keep killing plenty of deer without this product. But everyone has also had plenty of deer spook for what seems like no reason. If this helps in those cases, might be worth a try, especially since I hunt from the ground with no blind - just a Leafy Suit.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
See4miles

Re: HECS Suit

Post by See4miles »

biggest gimmick EVER!
In the Wind.......
Bugflipper

Post by Bugflipper »

No idea what an hec is. On two occasions I've touched a deer while hunting. Once sitting with my back to a tree and it was smelling my rubber boots that I'd sprayed acorn cover scent on. The other was a little yearling smelling fox pee I'd sprayed on a blind. Like I said I don't know what this new thing is but I don't use uv spray or anything like that. Just fox pee on high hunting pressure areas and homemade baking soda based cover scents on low hunting pressure land. I do use a scent suit base layer though. My hunting clothes stay in a bucket with the scent suit so I'm guessing they don't have much odor either.
Shyoldman

Post by Shyoldman »

I too, am curious about hecsuits. Getting older and cannot do everything I used to, if this could help.....