X-Act Mechanical Broadhead ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ParkerSxS

X-Act Mechanical Broadhead ??

Post by ParkerSxS »

I use the Excaliber X-Act Mechanical Broadhead for deer hunting.

1 of the 3 blades & retaining pin was damaged on a deer I took last fall.

I recently bought a 9 blade pack of replacement blades to get this broadhead back up and running again.

The problem is no new retaining pins came with the replacement blades. :(

Are the pins sold separately?

If so where do I get them?

I don’t understand why they don’t include at least a few pins with the replacement blade packs. :?
Bones

Re: X-Act Mechanical Broadhead ??

Post by Bones »

Go to the innerloc Broadhead web site they have them there. They make the excal BH's
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

How did that broad head work on your deer ?? I've only killed my target with my x-acts so have no idea how well they down a deer, and wow, had a tough time trying to switch out the blades.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter »

I have hunted with X-Act broadheads for several years and they have always performed flawlessly for me.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Bullzeye wrote:How did that broad head work on your deer ?? I've only killed my target with my x-acts so have no idea how well they down a deer, and wow, had a tough time trying to switch out the blades.
What kind of exit hole did it leave,and how far did the target travel after the shot?
ParkerSxS

Post by ParkerSxS »

My email response from Excalibur…

RE: Excalibur Website Contact Form

Mike;

The retaining pins are built right into the shaft of the broadhead and if destroyed, the broadhead is no good unfortunately. Sorry, I know this is not the answer you were looking for.

Dawn

I’m sorry but I have to throw the BS flag on this response.

With each 3 pack of X-Act Mechanical Broadhead’s there is included a tool to
remove those blade retaining clips/pins to change out the individual blades.
One of those retaining pins sheared off, it was easily removed. I have the replacement
Blades, All I need is one little itty bitty retaining pin to make this expensive broadhead usable again.

I think Excalibur needs to get there X-act act together.
ParkerSxS

Post by ParkerSxS »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:How did that broad head work on your deer ?? I've only killed my target with my x-acts so have no idea how well they down a deer, and wow, had a tough time trying to switch out the blades.
What kind of exit hole did it leave,and how far did the target travel after the shot?
One word ‘Awesome’ :D

Broadside 30 yrds. ground hunting.
A behind the shoulders pass through the boiler room shot.
Deer looked like it was hit with my model 99 in .308 with a 180 Grain Core-Lokt.
The deer maybe ran 25 to 30 yards and piled up.

I think the damage to the broadhead blade was done after it passed through the deer.
The bolt was buried under the ground & leaves up to the fletching about 15 yards
Beyond the deer. Almost didn’t find the bolt.
ParkerSxS

Post by ParkerSxS »

Bones wrote:Go to the innerloc Broadhead web site they have them there. They make the excal BH's
Thanks for the good info. Bones 8)
ParkerSxS

Post by ParkerSxS »

Gee X-cal here they are.

Retention clips for for innerloc EXP models. 9 pack $4.49

http://innerloc.com/secure/index.php?ma ... ucts_id=53

Rant over, Mike’s happy again.
:D
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

in my experience, if you made a hit hard enough to damage a blade and a retaining clip then the aluminum surrounding the clip is also damaged(expanded) and a new clip/blade will not fix it. The head is damaged beyond repair. Have a good look before you try to repair it. This has happened to me a number of times.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
ParkerSxS

Post by ParkerSxS »

one shot scott wrote:in my experience, if you made a hit hard enough to damage a blade and a retaining clip then the aluminum surrounding the clip is also damaged(expanded) and a new clip/blade will not fix it. The head is damaged beyond repair. Have a good look before you try to repair it. This has happened to me a number of times.
Thanks for the heads up & will do.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I know mine get messed up practicing into my Rinehart target and I broke two of those tools that push the pins out, I got one out then gave up.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I,ve had to get new broadheads every year till the last two. I ,ve bent an damaged about every aluminum feral broadhead I ever shot . now I shoot rocket steelhead for expandable an slicktricks for fixed. they been shot thru deer breaking rib bones an all were pass thru an laying or sticking in the ground. i practice with the same heads I hunt with an they have been thru the target an buried in the ground many times. I still have all of them an everyone still spins great an fly like darts. have never replaced blades yet just resharpend an in my quiver they go. no more broadhead problems for me!
Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter »

X-Act also makes practice points and I have been using the same practice points for three years.

In my experience, my hunting X-Act broadheads impact the same point as my X-Act practice points.

When I use one of my hunting X-Act broadheads in the field, I discard it and consider it a small price to pay for a broadhead that impacts the same as a field point and for a broadhead that has never failed me.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Where did you pick up those practice tips??
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone