Boofest 2013 photos thread

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Re: Boofest 2013 photos thread

Post by VixChix »

On Sunday things wind down a bit, campers pack up, but people are still showing up, shooting, socializing...

Spotted this and thought someone was living dangerously: :lol: Fortunately, no crossbows were run over at this year's event!

'Shucks forewent pink on Sunday and wore this instead: :lol:

This was one of my favorite people in the morning! Harry a.k.a. Sliver was the faithful Timmies coffee delivery. MUCH APPRECIATED!

BillT was also happy to see him on Sunday morning!

Terry/Munch came up on Sunday with his wife, son and nephew - he brought along this zombie-slaying beast (I believe it belongs to his nephew):

Had a chance to shoot the 3D course again on Sunday - enjoyed as much as I did the day before. This time Tim & I shot with Marcel and Joel - a pleasure to spend some time with them and to get to know them better!

Here is Marcel with his Matrix and an excellent shot on a nice buck!

Paul/Taz showed up on Sunday as well and brought his wife Anna along. I didn't get any pictures of Paul (sorry Paul!) but here's one of Anna with Marcel's Matrix about to shoot a bullseye! She's a great shot!

I love it when women step outside of their comfort zone and try something new. It can be kind of intimidating at an event like BooFest when you're surrounded by a bunch a guys who already shoot, but I hope all of the ladies who picked up a crossbow on the weekend continue to pursue opportunities to shoot. :D

Guys - I honestly believe that the future of hunting and shooting sports depends on getting the ladies involved. If the women shoot, the next generation of kids are more likely to as well. Do everything in your power to encourage women and the youngsters to give it a try. They don't have to take it up as a new hobby, but at the very least they won't be anti's.

Companies & sporting organizations need to spend time and money figuring out how best to reach the women. It's not just about putting out pink or bling - it's about involvement.

Stepping off my soapbox now... :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
lscha

Post by lscha »

Well said Moni. I'm stealin' it!! Look for it on FB. :lol:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Lou/ComfyBear come up on Sunday as well, along with his wife Anna. He brought the Tenpoint along and drew numbers for the raffles.

I was STUNNED when they said that we'd won the TenPoint! :shock: What a surprise! I'm still kind of shellshocked. :!:

Ben was very excited about it too! :D

This bow in in absolute pristine condition. I enjoyed having Lou coach me through the cocking with the built-in crank and learning how the safety devices work on this bow. Tim and I are both looking forward to spending some time at the range with this bow.

Thank you Lou for your kindness & generosity!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Far too soon it was time to say our good-byes. :(

Some we missed saying good-bye to in person. Shucks found a creative way of taking his leave: :lol:

It was a fantastic weekend! Great to catch up with old friends and make some new ones. Shared some laughs, exchanged some hunting stories, did some trash talking, enjoyed just being together.

Special thanks to Don and Karin who do so much to make this weekend possible.

Thanks to the folks who drove great distances to be part of the event.

Thanks to Craig & Joel (did I get that right?) of Gagnon Sports for all they do to make the event so much fun for all of us.

Thanks to everyone who shared drinks, food, jokes, shade, and who worked while we played.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

photo bucket sucks!! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by mr meat on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

mr meat wrote:bf22_zps8ce5c5e4
Some people just like stepping on rakes
MillBillyFamily

Post by MillBillyFamily »

Guys - I honestly believe that the future of hunting and shooting sports depends on getting the ladies involved. If the women shoot, the next generation of kids are more likely to as well. Do everything in your power to encourage women and the youngsters to give it a try. They don't have to take it up as a new hobby, but at the very least they won't be anti's.

Companies & sporting organizations need to spend time and money figuring out how best to reach the women. It's not just about putting out pink or bling - it's about involvement.

Stepping off my soapbox now...

That is certainly something most righteous. Watching the girls partake in archery is warming to the heart.

Thanks to Don and Karin for the fantastic time: you are truly gracious hosts. Your gift of a few extra raffle tickets made the kids day.
Though the Family and I were only able to make the Saturday evening, it was a memorable experience again this year. It is also good to know that some funds were raised for Kayla.
Thanks again for a fantastic and generous time.

MillBilly Dad
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Congrats on the 10 pt, Moni!!!
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Looks like a Fantastic outin was had by so many great ppl. I loved this whole topic n pic's, congrats to all of those who happened to win anything & the best time of sharin thru those days of BooBoofest, :) Some day i shall attend if'en the creek don't rise n the sun shines & i don't kick the Bucket 1st
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
TriggerTech

Post by TriggerTech »

Thanks Don and Karin for the great time. It was also very nice to put a face to a lot of the people we have been chatting to. We greatly appreciate your support and enthusiasm for the sport in general and for our product.

It was also great to get more people to try out our trigger and get their very positive reviews. This all helps us along a great deal and we do appreciate your time and interest.

We very much look forward to doing this again!

TriggerTech
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

TriggerTech wrote:It was also very nice to put a face to a lot of the people we have been chatting to. We very much look forward to doing this again!

TriggerTech
Was very nice talking to you guys as well. Nice to know where we sent our money to and who we are supporting. I don't mind paying more for something if I like the people I deal with. Live my life that way and that is me. Glad you are returning next year and thank you for the nice trigger you make. CHEERS!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

WOW, what a great time boofest was. Feel bad that we missed it and all that great weather to boot. A big Congrats to Moni on the tenpoint raffle. And, thanks for all the pics being posted. Next best thing to being there. Way to go Don and Karin for another great gathering. :D
Dan, that pink bring out the color in your eyes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Got it now! :lol: had to use image shack!
first up Tim trying out a new hat
Bill chatting with the boys and Wheelie in the back ground getting ready to party! :lol: Image

somebody getting some sleep! Mr Miller himself :lol: :lol
deer hanging Image
vixen 11
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

the band

Mr pank himself :)
Jim raiding the cookies :lol:
vixen 11
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

agingcrossbower wrote:WOW, what a great time boofest was. Feel bad that we missed it and all that great weather to boot. A big Congrats to Moni on the tenpoint raffle. And, thanks for all the pics being posted. Next best thing to being there. Way to go Don and Karin for another great gathering. :D
Dan, that pink bring out the color in your eyes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike, I think PANK truly is Dans color,dont you? :lol: :lol: