Matrix 355 question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mbeenit

Matrix 355 question

Post by mbeenit »

So after many treacherous years of playing with vertical bows I finally have learned my lesson....I can admit I am not Robin Hood. Can't count the problems I have had with vertical bows. I went crossbow shopping and was lucky enough to find a sales associate that wouldn't let me leave the store with anything less than a Matrix. If only Ten Point and Barnett could have heard the things he said....anyway...sighted it in...brought it home and have been busting out bulls eyes ever since. Tied the 150 grain Xbow trick from Slick Trick on and continue hitting 1 inch bulls eyes out to 50 yards. I use the tip of the chevron to aim. When I take it to 60 it hits 4 inches high consistently. I figured the 355 would have more drop than that. Although I'm not complaining a bit. I will just aim 4 inches low. I guess my question is...has anybody else had this "minor, almost irrelevant" issue?

P.S. I just started reading this forum, for all of you folks that are not sold on the Matrix just yet, you have no idea what you are missing. To reiterate that's a 4 blade fixed blade broad head on a 1 inch circle out to 50 dang near every single shot.
Riflemanz

Re: Matrix 355 question

Post by Riflemanz »

Congrats on the purchase.I practice 10-40yds,more like 30yds for my deer hunting.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

congrats on the 355 and welcome to the forum! wheres home
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Bobby B

Post by Bobby B »

I bought the 380 a month or so ago and some of.my friends call me a wimp. LoL is all I can do. If its legal who cares. I've been shooting vertical since 1976 so time for a changr. And so far its a blast, in fact my nephew had to have one and he got the Ibex for his birthday.
Mathews z7eXtreme Tactical
Matrix 380 (New to This)
Sako A-7 308

Sling Shot if I have to do it....
mbeenit

Post by mbeenit »

Thank you to everyone for the advice. Xcaliber I will give this a try it sounds like it will definitely work. I have a few more weeks before bow season picks up here in NC. Bobby B some of my buddies call me a cheater for crossing over. I shot a couple of deer last year and was unable to recover them. Thing is I love to eat deer meat. There is nothing more frustrating then sticking a deer, knowing its going to die and not getting to eat it. Vertical bows are for some folks...Im not one of them. Besides hitting the bull at 50 is a beautiful thing. Again thanks to all for the replies and happy hunting to everyone!