Matrix 380 trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

turbo

Matrix 380 trigger

Post by turbo »

I have read on this forum that the trigger on the matrix will work in,roughly how many shots does it take to smooth this trigger out.I have oiled it,about every 5 shots(just a drop).This crossbow shots great and is accurate,can't wait to see how good it does with a good trigger.I am using 125gr field pt and 125 thunderheads.I have shot close to 40 arrows so far,more tomorrow-its a blast to shoot :D
LIVING THE DREAM
chicotrout

Re: Matrix 380 trigger

Post by chicotrout »

I just bought a 380 as well and I'm not sure about the trigger but you should stop oiling it if you want it to break in. The metal parts need time to wear-in and the lubricity from the oil will prevent the surfaces from mating quickly. Also be careful about how much oil you're using since 1 drop every five shots will add up to a lot of oil gunk over time. I haven't had a chance yet to do much shooting with my Matrix yet so keep us posted on what works for you and what doesn't.
Happy Hunting!!!
Matrix 380 Blackout
turbo

Post by turbo »

Thanks for the tip,I will stop oiling,I thought it would be like a honing oil(which would remove the material as it wore).Will keep shooting,thats not a problem with this crossbow :)
LIVING THE DREAM
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

The creep in the trigger will get better as you shoot more .You will feel the wall of the trigger assembly,with a slight squeeze.When you feel the wall ,thats where it's gonna be it's best .Around 2.75to 3.50 is trigger pull.A lot of folk's here including me go with the after market trigger .I have the 1.5 lb pull.A little light ,but thats how i like it .You better be ready to shoot when you put your finger on the trigger.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
Boo

Post by Boo »

The sears have MoS2 grease at the point of engagement. This lube allows the sear surfaces to smoothen out without galling. Adding a lubricant will wash the MoS2 away.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
turbo

Post by turbo »

Thanks for the advice,I have stopped the oiling,just shooting it to smooth out trigger.
LIVING THE DREAM
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Hey Steve i think i'd like that 1.5# trigger too!I'll have to save my money for it!How easy was it to install?
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Riflemanz wrote:Hey Steve i think i'd like that 1.5# trigger too!I'll have to save my money for it!How easy was it to install?

Took me all of 1/2 hr to do .Not really all that bead to do .The only thing that happend to me was i had to re zero again for some reason .
Ill say one thing though .the new trigger made me tighten my groups up a bit .From 40 yards @ a 1/2 dollar size to a quarter size 3 arra's on average .if i shoot from the bench it's tighter yet .
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
ranger

Post by ranger »

steve rodo wrote:
Riflemanz wrote:Hey Steve i think i'd like that 1.5# trigger too!I'll have to save my money for it!How easy was it to install?

Took me all of 1/2 hr to do .Not really all that bead to do .The only thing that happend to me was i had to re zero again for some reason .
Ill say one thing though .the new trigger made me tighten my groups up a bit .From 40 yards @ a 1/2 dollar size to a quarter size 3 arra's on average .if i shoot from the bench it's tighter yet .
I had to re zero my scope also after I put in the TriggerTec Hunter trigger in it, more then likely because the scope was taken off to put in trigger, my groups also got better with the new trigger.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.