At a loss

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cecil30-30

At a loss

Post by cecil30-30 »

Well some of you may or may not remember I am having accuracy issues with my Matrix 380.I've tightened everything down, put a few twists in the string to make it about 1/8 inch away from the reds,and changed arrows to the black eagle executioner's,and im still having accuracy problems.The bow isn't very consistant,it seems like your constantly chaseing your tail when trying to sight it in.20 yd groups are around 2 inches,and 60 yd groups are around 4 or 5 inches.With my excal pheonix,I wouldn't dare shot a 20 yd group.I just don't know what else to do other than contact excalibur and send it back and let them go over it.

I noticed today and it may be normal but im not sure,but on my bow where the limb assembly bolts to the actual frame/barrel end of the crossbow,there is a gap inbetween the 2 pieces.You can clearly see day light where they bolt up,is this normal? I can slide 2 pieces of paper in gap,and if I squeeze them tight,I can slide 3 in between.
Riflemanz

Re: At a loss

Post by Riflemanz »

I'd send it back to Danny Miller and let him check it out!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Usually the gap between the Riser n mainframe/rail is .002 -.005. Its always there
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315

Post by newbie »

have you tried a different scope?
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
cecil30-30

Post by cecil30-30 »

Not tried a different scope,I don't have the money to purchase a new one at the moment.I do think that my problem may lie in the scope,because it is awful blurry.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

cecil30-30 wrote:Not tried a different scope,I don't have the money to purchase a new one at the moment.I do think that my problem may lie in the scope,because it is awful blurry.
I would look at the scope being the problem if all screws are tight. Does your Phoenix have a scope you can swap over for testing?

The Tact-Zone scope should not be blurry at all. Were you able to properly adjust eye relief?

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Boo

Post by Boo »

If it is blurry then adjusting the diopter until the image and the crosshairs are in focus.
http://www.shootingvoodoo.com/index.php ... __the_rif/

If you have a Pheonix try swapping scopes.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Yes, you should have diopter adjustment by turning the ocular lens. This simply means that the scope can be focused to your individual eye so the reticle is sharp.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
massbow

Post by massbow »

Do you have cock vanes on them bolts?
Team 355
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Well some of you may or may not remember I am having accuracy issues with my Matrix 380.I've tightened everything down, put a few twists in the string to make it about 1/8 inch away from the reds,and changed arrows to the black eagle executioner's,and im still having accuracy problems.The bow isn't very consistant,it seems like your constantly chaseing your tail when trying to sight it in.20 yd groups are around 2 inches,and 60 yd groups are around 4 or 5 inches.With my excal pheonix,I wouldn't dare shot a 20 yd group.I just don't know what else to do other than contact excalibur and send it back and let them go over it.

I noticed today and it may be normal but im not sure,but on my bow where the limb assembly bolts to the actual frame/barrel end of the crossbow,there is a gap inbetween the 2 pieces.You can clearly see day light where they bolt up,is this normal? I can slide 2 pieces of paper in gap,and if I squeeze them tight,I can slide 3 in between.
Please call me directly to discuss your issues, 800-463-1817 ext. 210.

Peter
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Disregard
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
ranger

Post by ranger »

My 380 has a fare amount of gap(more then I would like) but shoots real nice so its not a issue with my bow and the Tac scope works nice for me.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.