Anybody ever eat raw venison?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ont_Excal

Re: Anybody ever eat raw venison?

Post by Ont_Excal »

One plate of the above and another plate of raw.............without question I know which would be empty first!! :lol: :lol:

Raw..............not a chance on my plate! :mrgreen:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

thanks. but no thanks! I will cook my venison properly... DONE not raw! :shock: yeah. let mikey try it. he can have it... :lol:
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
jh45gun1

Post by jh45gun1 »

robertyb wrote:
jh45gun1 wrote:What is jerky but dried raw meat. When I first made jerky I air dried it. Dehydrators were not in vogue them days and instructions for using a oven were not common knowledge either they recommended air drying. Seems to me i must have read that in an old outdoor life when I was a kid.[/quote]

Dang you must be older than me. Are you sure you are still alive? :lol:

Well I am slowing down a mite :wink:
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

rayman wrote:Must go against the grain on this one too, sorry. Can't stand the sight of blood on my plate. Too each his own and all my friends love raw, I mean rare steak, but they know to flip mine one more time. Only thing I like raw is oysters doused in Louisiana hot sauce, but there is serious risk involved so rarely indulge in raw oysters anymore.

Raw store hamburger - don't do it. My wife used to work in a lab where they tested food. You know the labels that say the fat content and stuff. Also tested for biological contamination. Don't go the raw beef hamburger route if you know what's good. Well maybe if you drink a bunch of whiskey it will kill the organisms.

Raw deer meat? I like mine fried or one of the other ways my wife cooks it. :) :)
I'm with ya on this one all the way- Only cooked and well done for this here boy!
BH206L3

Post by BH206L3 »

Well, I have not nor do I want to, I have eaten Steak Tare Tare a few times. I cook my venison. And never cook it past medium rare. I like it rare, I also tend to age my venison a few days to a couple of weeks. It depends if I have access to a walk in Cooler or not at the given time most years its yea, some years no. I tend to go on a venison jag when I have one in the freezer, I just make meals and eat till its gone. I take two to four a year, so most years I run out of venison about a week before my season starts. I tell all my friends that do not throw away bacon renderings, here is a can, and once a week I will pick it up. Black Iron skillet and bacon renderings = a very tasty meal. Goes double for duck fat.