My Matrix Strings Problems ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

My Matrix Strings Problems ?

Post by vixenmaster »

I am not here to tear up ppl's Excals. Seems that one or more ppl. have had issues (loops) & string comin off after or durin the shot. I had a member or 2helpin me wid feedback & thought i had that issue fixed. I have been very careful on the amount of twists in loops. I wish those that had this happen would have come to me, so i could correct that. This problem seems to happen when the string is very close to touchin the REDS. Maybe the shock is too much fer the D97 material. I have a friend in Ark. that informed me from Danny Miller that this was happenin. I spect ppl. gettin warranty limbs because of my poor string maken. Either that or a couple of ppl. from another Forum are callin Danny & complaining. I don't run & hide i don't make excuses. If'en you have had problems wid my strings please come to me. I don't knowed whats goin on but i dislike bein the scapegoat on someones dryfires.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
vixenmaster

Re: My Matrix Strings Problems ?

Post by vixenmaster »

I feel bad about this & i have a string on the rack fer a member. I will finish his, after that if'en want one by me & own a Matrix be forwarned
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315

Post by newbie »

i also believe some are passing the buck to the string makers when it could be operator error with partial or complete dry fires as i heard this will cause mag tips breaking cracking and string to slip down over the tips. then guys believe it was the string not the missing arra.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I never had a dry fire but my problems were caused by myself and twisting the wrong way!I'm sure you're strings are good to go!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Excal1

Post by Excal1 »

X2
It does not matter if the string was made by Vix, Dan, Danny, Boo or anyone for that matter none will hold up well to a Matrix dryfire.
#1 If you let your string lay on the REDS and shoot it that way bad things can and will happen.
#2 If you are new to crossbows and do not know the arrow MUST be all the way back.. again more bad things
#3 If you only put the arrow against the Anti-dry fire teeth...again more bad things
#4 And if you just forget to put an arrow on the bow...more bad things
It seems like most people with Matrix issues are new to crossbows and it is very possible to be operator error. I bet a partial dry-fire is 95% off these issues.
I have thousands of shots in mine with A LOT of different strings and arrow combinations NEVER a problem with the bow...NEVER
Remember its a string and only a string, not a cable or a chain, it will not stop a Matrix dry fire.
*** Matrix 405
*** Matrix 380
Hawke XB30
Hawke XB30 Pro
xcaliber strings
Boo strings
BE Executioner & Zombie

I can't believe that cop put me in the back seat when I clearly called shotgun.
cspot

Post by cspot »

Mike,
I haven't had any problem at all with your string coming off and I keep mine right up by the REDS. I also believe that I have one of the early strings that you made for the Matrix and have hundreds of shots on mine. It still looks good. I will let you know if I do have any issues.
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i use your strings never had a problem.