24 Days n Wake-up til Opener

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

24 Days n Wake-up til Opener

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup & i spect this yr will be a hard one fer me to kill some deer. I have had one yearlin Doe comin to the Feeder. My trail cam is set where i killed 4 of my 5 deer last yr. Not a pic on it of a deer. I have a Orphaned set of twins in the backyard. I have anutter set of twins wid their Mama & i have seen one 5 pt. I have BMW sighted in to 30 yds usin RazorTricks. My E'cet 165 isn't sighted in & won't be til BMW has killed her deer. I will sight in my other E'cet fer swhacker 2" 100gr over the next week if'en i get a chance
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
steve rodo

Re: 24 Days n Wake-up til Opener

Post by steve rodo »

25 day's for me here.
Shooting 380 315fps 465 gr arra ,Dan's String,Jerry's Arra's,HHa Optizimer ,All dialed in to the tee ,Driving Tacks out to 45 yards or less Comfortable. If i stay under the canopy.I'n most cases im with in 25 ft or less.early season then up to 40 ft ltr season.If im hunting 40 ft 'my shot need's to be no more then 35 yards from base of the tree.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

We have to wait till october 1st and most likely i won't see a stand till november.Kathy hopefully will fill her tags so it takes the pressure off me to fill the freezer :)
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Vmaster,i'm right there with you! Sept-14!
I'm using the rage crossbow head.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

mr meat wrote:We have to wait till october 1st and most likely i won't see a stand till november.Kathy hopefully will fill her tags so it takes the pressure off me to fill the freezer :)
Same here...can't wait for October 1st!! Already have it booked off and I'll be spending the day up in my favourite tree!! Life is good. :D
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

vixenmaster wrote:Yup & i spect this yr will be a hard one fer me to kill some deer. I have had one yearlin Doe comin to the Feeder. My trail cam is set where i killed 4 of my 5 deer last yr. Not a pic on it of a deer. I have a Orphaned set of twins in the backyard. I have anutter set of twins wid their Mama & i have seen one 5 pt. I have BMW sighted in to 30 yds usin RazorTricks. My E'cet 165 isn't sighted in & won't be til BMW has killed her deer. I will sight in my other E'cet fer swhacker 2" 100gr over the next week if'en i get a chance
How many minutes, Mike? :lol: :lol: :lol:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Ours doesnt start till Sept 28th. Wife is on a trip that weekend so I guess Colton is first up. I sure want him to get a decent buck this year. Y'all keep your fingers crossed.
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Leaving next Thursday for Wyoming mule deer, Iv'e been packed for 2 weeks now and my wife says I'm driving her crazy .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

flightattendant100 wrote:Ours doesnt start till Sept 28th. Wife is on a trip that weekend so I guess Colton is first up. I sure want him to get a decent buck this year. Y'all keep your fingers crossed.
I will keep my fingers crossed for sure! Good luck guys. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

17 & counting!
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Our season starts Sept. 9th, I have at least 3 shooters on 1 tract of land that I'm getting pictures of and a bunch of small bucks and does on another tract. I hope to have 1 down opening day with the Matrix.

I will be using the QAD Exodus or my faithful Slick Trick mags. They both are grouping pretty good.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
munch

Post by munch »

mike only have to wait till sept 14th and i will be up bright and early trying to sweet talk a swamp donkey. you just cant beat the sound of a bull moose grunting and thrashing trees in the morning. this year i hope to introduce one to my girly gun ( 450 marlin) 350 grain bullet at about 2900f.p.s. think i'm just over that 100lbs of kinetic energy a tad .taking my bow too but thats for bear
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

munch wrote:mike only have to wait till sept 14th and i will be up bright and early trying to sweet talk a swamp donkey. you just cant beat the sound of a bull moose grunting and thrashing trees in the morning. this year i hope to introduce one to my girly gun ( 450 marlin) 350 grain bullet at about 2900f.p.s. think i'm just over that 100lbs of kinetic energy a tad .taking my bow too but thats for bear
Terry i reckon goin after a Moose wid me Vixen is on my Bucket list. I think it would be an awsome Huntin trip
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
munch

Post by munch »

vixenmaster wrote:
munch wrote:mike only have to wait till sept 14th and i will be up bright and early trying to sweet talk a swamp donkey. you just cant beat the sound of a bull moose grunting and thrashing trees in the morning. this year i hope to introduce one to my girly gun ( 450 marlin) 350 grain bullet at about 2900f.p.s. think i'm just over that 100lbs of kinetic energy a tad .taking my bow too but thats for bear
Terry i reckon goin after a Moose wid me Vixen is on my Bucket list. I think it would be an awsome Huntin trip
my be able to help make it happen one year mike .its hard for none residents you need to go threw an outfitter .but you could tag along as a guest and lend me miss vixen hand even help support her if my bad arm gives out lol
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
kysdad

Post by kysdad »

Sept 7th & 9th (different opening dates) for me here in NC. I'll be trying the Swhacker 125's and Rage chisel tip 125's this weekend. Also, I'll be pulling my first set of trail cam cards this year. Hope to see something nice. :D
Matrix 350 LE
Spynal Tapps
Spitfires