Leupold Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

Leupold Scope

Post by 8ptbuk »

Anybody ever sent a rifle scope back to the custom shop @ leupold and had the parallax set to xbow range , or had the reticle changed to something like there xbow scope ??? Ive got a 1 3/4 x 6 vx-3 ( short verison ) that would be great on a xbow .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
gendoc

Re: Leupold Scope

Post by gendoc »

excellent specimen for your purpose........... :mrgreen:
I have a few on large bore rifles :wink:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Never sent one for custom work, but I sent one last week for repairs.
Darn thing broke (adjustments were erratic) after only 38 years.
Called Leupold and told them how it was acting (adjust 1" and it might jump 3"), they said sent it in and they would inspect/clean/repair it.
wabi
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

8ptbuk wrote:Anybody ever sent a rifle scope back to the custom shop @ leupold and had the parallax set to xbow range , or had the reticle changed to something like there xbow scope ??? Ive got a 1 3/4 x 6 vx-3 ( short verison ) that would be great on a xbow .

No need to send it, you have a excellent scope for your bow , put it on sight it in, happy hunting

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Think I'll give them a call and see what they say . Ive got a varizone on my bow now and love it but dont know how durable it is . Had one go bad last year and got it replaced .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I sent a 2.5x compact back to have the parallax corrected to 20 yrds. They told me over the phone it would cost 15.00. Got it back in a short time with a big N/C at the bottom of the invoice.Dont know if tech. decided it was not worth doing since it was only a 2.5x or if customer service was just generous that day. Leupold is one of the few companys around that still has customer service like Excaliburs! fwiw
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

You won't have any parallax problems with your Leupold VX-3 1.75-6x32mm scope. I suggest you give it a try. I feel Excalibur crossbows really shine with quality.optics, that's why I choose Leupold.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
BH206L3

Post by BH206L3 »

Its a non issue, now there is a trick that I use all the time with my rifle scopes, I shoot mostly leupold and Zeiss on my rifles. You zero your Crossbow at 20 yards, you then put out targets at ten yard intervals, what you want to know how far you have to shoot for the bolt to be spot on where the fine and heavy part of the reticule meet. I do this with my rifles, I zero in for 200 yards I then shoot at distance till my bullets hit spot on at that mark on the reticule. Then make up a drop chart, and tape it some place on you stock for reference. Gravity is gravity and drop is drop. I am guessing that your bolt will hit spot on where the two different thicknesses meet at around 30 to 40 yards. With that you should be able to hold on hair and make good solid hits on White tails cost to 60 yards if you have a mind to. Parallax only becomes a factor, at distances greater than 600 yards, Most scopes are set Parallax free at 100 to 150 yards. I never had a problem hitting what I wanted to hit well pass 500. I don't think you are going to be shooting that far with a crossbow, I would be more concerned with being able to dope out the wind, that is the thing, since the bolt flies fairly slow, a puff of wind could make what should have been a great shot, a terrible one.
Boo

Post by Boo »

BH206L3, it's nice to see more people that understand parallax. I might add though that it is more of an issue with high magnification scopes.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Tennessee Rebel

Post by Tennessee Rebel »

I have a Leupold VX 3 1.5x5x20 on my M380. I was concerned about the parrallax and talked to a tech. at the factory who said I needed to send it in and have it set for 20 yards. Boo and others on here gave me advice to just use it as is and now with it and an Xcaliber flemish string and Diablos, my 380 is driving tacks!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Thanks for the suggestions

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
BH206L3

Post by BH206L3 »

Yep and distance, in general it is only a real factor for guys shooting really small groups at some bench rest matches, BR-50 matches come to mind. when 10 shots group in the size of a pencil eraser on a pencil. Is still a tad to big to win. The kind of distance that you would shoot game at is at best a non starter and at Crossbow distances, I would want to pay more attention to how sharp my broad head is. And that the set up shoots accurate enough to hit a grapefruit. But this is the internet and well we all have to make such issues important since hunting season for most have not started yet.