Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lake Hunter

Broadheads

Post by Lake Hunter »

I have shot my 380 quite a bit since i got it but with field points only..Was wondering what kind of heads yall have tried on them? I have shot the rage and swacker out if my old e-cet and vortex.. I have been thinking about the xact but was just thinking with the force of the 380 if some of the heads i been using might open in flight? Thanks..
Excal1

Re: Broadheads

Post by Excal1 »

Yep. what he said :D
*** Matrix 405
*** Matrix 380
Hawke XB30
Hawke XB30 Pro
xcaliber strings
Boo strings
BE Executioner & Zombie

I can't believe that cop put me in the back seat when I clearly called shotgun.
Lake Hunter

Post by Lake Hunter »

I tryed the slick trick 100 grain magnums with my vortex and couldnt get them to group very good but to be honest i prolly didnt give them enuf of a chance... I didnt line the blades up with the vanes or anything... Im shooting the black eagles with 110 inserts in the 380... I think i will give the slicks another try cause i really liked how the looked and how sharp they were... Which one of the slicks would you recomend for my bolts?
Lake Hunter

Post by Lake Hunter »

Im shooting the blazzers on my BE's... Soo they should work with the slick's... Thank you for the advice.. Im glade i joined the forum.. Its nice to get friendly help from good people :)
Excal1

Post by Excal1 »

Yes, I shoot Blazers on 18" BE's and the Viper Trick 100's fly the same as my field points out to 50 yards. You can get Vipers fairly cheap on Ebay
*** Matrix 405
*** Matrix 380
Hawke XB30
Hawke XB30 Pro
xcaliber strings
Boo strings
BE Executioner & Zombie

I can't believe that cop put me in the back seat when I clearly called shotgun.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yer tunin problem wid the Slicktricks is the small washer. You may need to turn it to get the wobble out. Thats why i use RazorTricks no washer but i haven't tried field pts then the RazorTricks. I jus sight in the RazorTrick on me BH target til its dead center at 30 yds. I knowed its good from 0-35 yds!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Rage crossbow heads now have a collar instead of a rubber band to keep it closed.I'm using them in my 355 this year.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
cspot

Post by cspot »

I am going to try the 100 grain 1.75" cut Swhackers this year.
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

I have tried the Razor tricks and G5 Strikers out of my 380. Using GTLaser 3's and brass insert for 410grn total (100gr) broad heads.

Both are shooting underv3 inch groups at 70,80 and 90 yards. I had one group last week with all 3 arrows touching at 90yrds, gotta re fletch those ones!

I picked up some 100gr Steel Force Phat heads this weekend. Will try them next, mighty solid cut on impact head. Main blade is .80 thou thick with thinner bleeders.