Rated R

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

steve rodo

Rated R

Post by steve rodo »

I've shot deer directly in the anal before .They go down fast . :) :) Straight on shot. 15 Yard's from the blind.Walking away from me .
Last edited by steve rodo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
Normous

Re: Rated R

Post by Normous »

Messy.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

It's really not as bad as you think.

My Grandfather did this with a long bow and cedar with homemade arrow head's .60 yr's ago.Then he would go on about the snow shoes they wore .To hunt these deer.They snuk up on them a lot .
Find fresh track's and go git um in the snow.
I remember it would take us 1 hr to go 50 ft at a time.Walk and Stalkhe clled it.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Whammo it is deadly too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dead deer walkin.It just dosent know it yet,

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I did that with a 30.06 once . . .the deer was running away from me after I had already broken it's leg and I was stalking it . . .I shot and it fell. I found a 1" piece of bone lying on the ground as I was getting ready to field dress it.

The exit wound was along the neck, but, I was unable to find the entrance wound. When I started the skinning, I figured it out . . .it was a bullseye.

The bone was a piece of shoulder bone.

That's when I was very young and wreckless . . .I'm still wreckless . . . . :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

sumner4991 wrote:I did that with a 30.06 once . . .the deer was running away from me after I had already broken it's leg and I was stalking it . . .I shot and it fell. I found a 1" piece of bone lying on the ground as I was getting ready to field dress it.

The exit wound was along the neck, but, I was unable to find the entrance wound. When I started the skinning, I figured it out . . .it was a bullseye.

The bone was a piece of shoulder bone.

That's when I was very young and wreckless . . .I'm still wreckless . . . . :lol:
Gotta do what cha gotta do :lol: :lol:

Ghostman

Post by Ghostman »

To purposely shoot a deer that way with an arrow is one of the dumbest things I've read. You wouldn't be welcome in my hunting camp.
Excalibur Exomax
Scorpyd Vent.
TenPoint Stealth SS
Hawke Scopes
BEE Arrows
Flex Fletch Vanes
Rocket & Slick Trick Broadheads
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

If I depended on game for the table to feed my family, I would not hesitate to take that shot!! But since I don't, I just let them walk.

I have heard of quite a few drop very quickly. I also know of a few that walked a long way with the broadhead chewing away at the insides. Not a pass through and no blood trail to follow. One a farmer found over 4 miles away while harvesting his bean field.

In the first book that Chuck Adams wrote, he talked about this shot at length. It's a direct route to the vitals with very little resistance and most times the animal will not hear the shot. Besides the center shot, there is a femoral artery running down the back of each leg. This femoral artery shot kills as quick as any and also leaves a massive blood trail.

Again, not a shot I'm prepared to take unless my table depended on wild game.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I would not take this shot either,i wait for a good percentage killing shot or i let them walk.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Ive never done it, but I helped field dress a deer that's been shot in that manner. Not a pretty picture! For me to pull off a shot like that it would have to be a monster 20pnt buck, or I would have to be starving.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

xcaliber wrote:That is a Texas heart shot! :lol:
Thats just mean spirited!........pretty true, but mean spirited none the less. :lol: :lol:
jh45gun1

Post by jh45gun1 »

Some folks are just too ANAL about this shot. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry could not resist. I have shot several deer this way both with bow now crossbow and rifle. Never lost a deer. Not my favorite shot but I have not lost a deer yet taking it.

Forgot to add I had a friend who also believed in it and I watched him shoot several deer that way and he too never lost one with this shot. Same with what the so called experts write about shooting a deer head on. never had a problem with that shot either.
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

jh45gun1 wrote:Same with what the so called experts write about shooting a deer head on. never had a problem with that shot either.
head on shots.....
same here !! with rifle, shotgun, verticle or crossbow....I've did it many many times and never had one leave me looking.

catch the wind right, and the wind howling up high in trees..
you can walk up on them if your good.....I have several places on my property that gets this situation.

you just gotta be good........... :mrgreen:
Last edited by gendoc on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I have never been that hungry!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

A good stiff enama I bet it would work the same :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things