Anyone still puttin up Stands ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Anyone still puttin up Stands ?

Post by vixenmaster »

Its been the monsoon, then the bustin high 80's & 90's. Plus the chiggers n ticks & skeeters are out in full strength. I went out yesterday mornin & put up the 3rd section on my climbin stick. Got it ratchet strapped, then got my 4th & last section up. I don't have the top strapped in or the Hang-on stand locked on tree yet. Not much activity on my Feeder & not the 1st deer pic on my trail cam. Its set-up on the trail i killed 4 of my 5 deer last yr. Not lookin good, saw alot of deer where my Hang-on stand will finally be. Tryin to beat the opener but not too enthused wid all the insects livin off me blood to get it done. :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Riflemanz

Re: Anyone still puttin up Stands ?

Post by Riflemanz »

We have about 15 stands up and i'm still putting together a 18' 2 man ladder stand.I can't put it up until the farmer picks the beans because i need to drive in to put it up.We almost have too many stands.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline

Post by newbie »

stands are up and ready. just adding some extra ground blinds out of scrap laying around. Just in aeeas that had stands that sprouted legs.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
lswoody

Post by lswoody »

Got bout 8 or 9 more. Still got to do my plots. Got another 1.5 months till the opener. Plots will be done by next Sat.
Proverbs 3:5-6
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

This is slow goin fer me. I gotstid the 4th section all ratchet strapped in. Have a hoist cord on the Hang-On stand, but after hangin wid all the cords & parts my legs gave out after half hr standin on the 1/4 round rungs. So maybe sat. mornin i can hoist the Hang-on up in place. Then climb up & bind it off good & tie 2 new hoist cords to it.
Half Bubble Off BD360

Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I know it,s a lot of work an I can,t imagine how many hours my sons an I have put in over the years building an puting up moving stands. Most of ours are permanent an latter stands an a few hang on an I haven,t been there since last year in our md location but know where most of the deer like to travel. so with five months to hunt I just hunt an keep my eyes open for any changes an play it day by day an move where I need to be.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

It's basically just me that I have to worry about on the stands. The boy shows and interest every now and then on going, but it's basically gun hunting and we can do that off the ground in the natural and pop-up blinds I've got set up.

Got 2 ladder stands up and that "may be" all that I'm putting up this year. I've got my climber that I can use to hit different other spots if need be.

I'll still probably get 2 other ladder stands though, another 22' like I just recently put up and a double of some kind. Don't know if I'll put them up, but I'll have them if I need them. I don't much like to hunt out hang on stands.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Dayelight

Post by Dayelight »

I finished putting my hang on stand up last week. Took me two days and 4 different trips into the woods to get it done.
I have a climber and two other stands that I can use as well. So 3 are permanent and then I can move around with the climber if need be. I think those things make too much noise though.
Axiom SMF
S5, Cheekrest, Munch Mount
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs
Spitfire MAXX and Slick Tricks
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I have all but one double ladder stand already up. I just need to check all my straps on my climbing sticks on my lock ons to make sure they're ok for this year and I'll be ready for Monday.

Vixemnaster you need a Thermacell if you don't have one to keep those skeeters and bugs away. I don't hunt this time of year without one.

Good luck everyone
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Lake Hunter

Post by Lake Hunter »

I have a two of my stands up but the deer arent hitting the feeders like last year...I guess its all the rain we have had in july n august more green stuff to eat..Hey mike I can help you with your stands about anyday if you would like? I would enjoy helpin ya...PS My wife's vixen is sure likin the string you built fir it!
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

I put up a dozen hang ons Sept 1 I hunt on public land so I cover all the escape trails Kick back and wait for the citiots to drive them to me Ahh city huntin at its finist :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Got one pop-up and a tri-pod left to put up this weekend. Will top off feeders and swap SD cards, and hope nothing has gone south since I was there last. After this weekend I will go out one more time and swap SD cards before season starts Sept. 28th. I am anxious but its still one-oh-something ever afternoon, so that keeps me in check a bit. :lol: Good luck to everybody.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Hester0305 wrote:I have all but one double ladder stand already up. I just need to check all my straps on my climbing sticks on my lock ons to make sure they're ok for this year and I'll be ready for Monday.

Vixemnaster you need a Thermacell if you don't have one to keep those skeeters and bugs away. I don't hunt this time of year without one.

Good luck everyone

Checking the condition of what your hunting out of is #1 to me, good advice.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I got the 4th section up, now i jus need to hoist up the Hang-on stand & ratchet strap it in place. Was too warm this mornin & i have a Thermacel i can use while huntin. Never have had to use it here before, never have been this many skeeters here before.
Half Bubble Off BD360

Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

vixenmaster wrote:I got the 4th section up, now i jus need to hoist up the Hang-on stand & ratchet strap it in place. Was too warm this mornin & i have a Thermacel i can use while huntin. Never have had to use it here before, never have been this many skeeters here before.
Hey Mike, go to Walmart and look in the camping section and get one of the little battery powered OFF Clip-On skeeter repellant do-hickeys. The skeeters at my place will dang near carry you off anytime you go outside just about, especially near dusk. Whenever I'm out in the garden I've got the thing on and they don't bother me. The little fan on it makes just a little bit of noise, so you can't really use it hunting, but for hanging a stand up in a tree, it would be perfect. Just clip it on your belt, turn it on, and up the tree ya' go. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.