Inconsistent shots

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ebuckle

Inconsistent shots

Post by ebuckle »

Shot my new 380 today about 15 times and seem to be getting very inconsistent shot placement. Shooting 18" Dioblos with 125 gr field point adjusted my string to about 1 sting width off the REDS.
Any thought's????
JPjunkie

Re: Inconsistent shots

Post by JPjunkie »

ebuckle wrote:Shot my new 380 today about 15 times and seem to be getting very inconsistent shot placement. Shooting 18" Dioblos with 125 gr field point adjusted my string to about 1 sting width off the REDS.
Any thought's????
Form and repitition same as a consistent anchor point with compound bow Its not the same every time you will never get consistency I have my string 3/8 away with good results If that helps :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
massbow

Post by massbow »

Are you shooting from a rest? Are you shooting the bolts with the same vane down everytime? :(
Team 355
ebuckle

Post by ebuckle »

Was shooting from a semi rest today from 20 yards, I guess I need to mark my fletching as they all have the same color. I hope tomorrow to shot from a solid shooting rest. Trigger pull seems to be very nice.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

ebuckle wrote:Was shooting from a semi rest today from 20 yards, I guess I need to mark my fletching as they all have the same color. I hope tomorrow to shot from a solid shooting rest. Trigger pull seems to be very nice.
Check your scope mount and rings to see if anything is loose
cspot

Post by cspot »

Check all bolts and screws on your bow and scope. Crossbows are bad about that especially on a new bow.
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335

Post by newbie »

onebigskittle wrote:
ebuckle wrote:Was shooting from a semi rest today from 20 yards, I guess I need to mark my fletching as they all have the same color. I hope tomorrow to shot from a solid shooting rest. Trigger pull seems to be very nice.
Check your scope mount and rings to see if anything is loose
x2
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I put blue loctite on all my scope and base screws.
The Matrix bow unleashes alot of power.
Try the 150gr field points that come with the bow.
I use a caldwell rifle rest for sighting in.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
ebuckle

Post by ebuckle »

Shot a few more times today after adding more brace height to 3/8", shooting good then went off. I had just checked all screws last night and yep loose after 5 shots. Took all out and locktight.
Weighed my bolts without points and the Dioblos w/luminocks 361 gr and stock Dioblos 350 gr. Even with the brace adjustment still consistently averaging 360 fps total weight of 475 gr.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

If you try everything suggested so far and have'nt found a solution you may have a bad scope . I ran into that last year and struggled to figure it out . good luck !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

8ptbuk wrote:If you try everything suggested so far and have'nt found a solution you may have a bad scope . I ran into that last year and struggled to figure it out . good luck !
I was having issues with my scope not to long ago. One day not to brag I was tubing arrows the next day all over the place. Scope was not holding (Poi). So a friend gave me an Horton 2-7x32mm crossbow scope with multi-a-range technology. Now bow shoots everyday like it should. So I found out where he got this scope and got another for $50.00 at Woodbury Outfitters here in Ohio to have as a back-up since Horton is gone out of business-But so far this scope is simple awesome for the money and quality in which I found out that they were made for Horton by Hawke Optics. Scope has red/green reticle too. So for 149.00 down to 50.00 I can't complain if this new scope goes out on me . I know now the bow and arrow combination with scope takes care as long as I do my part not to wound a deer this season. I couldn't afford an expense scope at the present moment. Also couldn't say not that an expensive scope is bad but would shoot any better than the new scope that is on my Vortex. :D