Using a deer call?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deaf jeff

Using a deer call?

Post by Deaf jeff »

i received my call from wabi and it looks nice enough to leave on the mantel right next to my dagriz knife but both will go to the blind with me. i have the using of the knife down pretty good but the call is a completely different story :D does anyone have some easy advice to give a first timer in using a deer call :?: thanks
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
8ptbuk

Re: Using a deer call?

Post by 8ptbuk »

If you hear a deer go by in cover and can't see it always give several loud grunts , sometimes the deer will hear it and come to investagate . Also if you see a buck pass by and its not going to give you a shot or headed away from your stand you have nothing to lose by calling to it . Sometimes they'll turn and come right in . Hope these help . :D
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Find some info on deer vocalization get your call and get in front of the computer where you can watch the vids and immitate the sounds lots of practice is the key Every deer has its own personality so say a couple different things till he talks back or reacts And patience if he doesnt come right away doesent mean it didnt work They run on a shcedule of life and death not Timex so they are very cautious and the bigger the smarter :wink:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

A little off topic but watched "Michigan Out Of Doors" this past Thur. A two part series on calling deer. What I took away from the first show was how to enter an area where your route may be noisy. Don't know the gentleman's name but he offerd great tips on how to throw the deer off when entering a noisy area "woods". He uses a squirrel call "barking" or turkey call "purring" before he enters the area. Both make a lot of ground noise. Going to give it go, good stuff. Personally don't call unless I see the deer "grunt or bleat".
Scott
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott