Deer Season Opened

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Deer Season Opened

Post by vixenmaster »

Boy hidy its been to warm/hot to out there playin wid all them bugs. I don't like fightin flies yellow jackets knats n skeeters on the stand or here while trying to clean one or cut it up. Looks like this sat. will be in the low 50's n highs in the 70's. Spect i will get out in my stand then
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
XcaliburFX

Re: Deer Season Opened

Post by XcaliburFX »

Don't blame ya, fighting pretty much the same critters here. But things are beginning to cool on down. :)

"Good Luck and Good Hunting" :D
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

We've got a nice cool crisp day here - but the season is still two weeks away. I've been having deer hunting dreams.... 8)
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Nice an cool here the last couple days but Murphy's back :shock: my mom moved out an my wife,s mother that,s 85 showed up with two trucks full of stuff from indiana and two of my wife,s sisters came along an one with altimers that don,t know where she,s at and thinks we are visiting her an this is her home :shock: her husband dropped her off along with her mom an said I will be back to get her in two weeks :shock: ( like to get my hands around his neck :mrgreen: ) then my serving jig fell off my workbench an landing on my big toe cutting a deep gash that should have had stitches . caught a bad cold an been sick along with everything else. I don,t know why everyone want,s to live at my house :roll: I ,m going hunting this evening one way or the other :mrgreen:
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Sounds like One Tough Row To Hoe there Masboy! :shock:

Archery season opened in late August here. I was on the Big Pond pounding away at salmon and halibut as usual...

Archery season closed here on the 9th of September, and I was packing fishing gear home for the season...

Rifle season opened here on the 10th of September, and it was 85 degrees in the shade...

Day before yesterday, a fall storm hit, and things are finally starting to cool down a bit. Shot the bow the day before that, and all went well...

Yesterday I managed to wander down to the local shop and buy my deer tags...

Today I am playing Catch-Up with the Honey-Do List around the Hacienda...

Tomorrow or the next... :twisted:

Season runs until 10th December for rifles, and I have NO Issue using my Matrix through the rifle seasons! Fly-in Moose hunt scheduled for 1st week of October. Late season archery over in the Okanagan (mainland BC) opens last week of November and runs well into December. I WILL be there!! :D

Safe & Successful Hunting Folks! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
ranger

Post by ranger »

I will not get out for another 7-10 days being my mom just passed away :( but today is nice and cool with heavy cloud cover and windy, would be nice to be in the woods right now waiting for sunset :wink: ..
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

ranger wrote:I will not get out for another 7-10 days being my mom just passed away :( but today is nice and cool with heavy cloud cover and windy, would be nice to be in the woods right now waiting for sunset :wink: ..
So sorry for your loss, Ranger!

My Dad passed away 6 yrs ago in October. I wanted so much just to go be alone in the woods. So many other obligations I had to attend to first. When I finally managed to sneak out into the woods I would get the shakes and feel dizzy - I'd been holding so much stuff in and in the woods it caught up with me. Difficult times, but we got through. The time spent alone in the woods is healing!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
ranger

Post by ranger »

Yep the woods is a great place to get in touch with ones self when things are tuff, a lot of healing goes on in the woods when one is alone, great for the mind and soul.

Hope ya get a biggin vixenmaster. Make sure ya post pics.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
wabi

Post by wabi »

ranger wrote:I will not get out for another 7-10 days being my mom just passed away :( but today is nice and cool with heavy cloud cover and windy, would be nice to be in the woods right now waiting for sunset :wink: ..
Sorry to hear about your mom Ranger. Lost my mom 6 years ago and the "healing" process takes a long time. VixChic's advice is good!
Today I lost a good neighbor. He had lived in the house across from our property for all of my 62 years, but finally his heart gave out at 103 years old.

As for deer season - I'M READY!!!!!!!!!!!
Our season opens on the 28th and I sat in the stand for an hour or so Saturday morning. Saw 4 deer, had one within 25 yards, and I still felt that adrenalin rush so I guess my heart is still beating.
Thought a couple buzzards were circling the stand, then realized they were just mosquitoes, so I think cooler weather will be welcome. :lol: :lol:
wabi
HIGHBOW

Post by HIGHBOW »

vixenmaster wrote:Boy hidy its been to warm/hot to out there playin wid all them bugs. I don't like fightin flies yellow jackets knats n skeeters on the stand or here while trying to clean one or cut it up. Looks like this sat. will be in the low 50's n highs in the 70's. Spect i will get out in my stand then
Couldn't agree more, maybe in about 2 more weeks we can hope for a frost and see a change in these dang bugs. I think right now the yellow jackets could carry the meat off before I could skin one out.
EXCALIBUR Matrix Grizzly & AXIOM SMF, Firebolts and Boltcutters
Hunt safe and always respect what natural gives you!
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

wabi wrote:
Sorry to hear about your mom Ranger. Lost my mom 6 years ago and the "healing" process takes a long time. VixChic's advice is good!
Today I lost a good neighbor. He had lived in the house across from our property for all of my 62 years, but finally his heart gave out at 103 years old.

As for deer season - I'M READY!!!!!!!!!!!
Our season opens on the 28th and I sat in the stand for an hour or so Saturday morning. Saw 4 deer, had one within 25 yards, and I still felt that adrenalin rush so I guess my heart is still beating.
Thought a couple buzzards were circling the stand, then realized they were just mosquitoes, so I think cooler weather will be welcome. :lol: :lol:
Ranger so sorry for your loss-Hope ya get a chance to take in some woods time-Vixchic you are so wonderful with your advice you gave to Ranger-Wabi I am right behind you here up in Greene County Ohio waiting for the opening day to come. Hope all have a great season. Being in the woods is some of the best therapy period. :D
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

The first 7 days of early doe season in NoVA were summerlike; 70's overnight and in the morning, and 90-ish during the day. Not a deer to be seen in my yard. On the 8th day, temps dropped 20 degrees; 50's in the morning.....and a doe just happened to walk into the target zone.......and she is now ready for pickup from the butcher......
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I'm heading out this afternoon even though it's 75*.
It beats sitting on the couch or working!I'll bring my bug tamer mesh jacket out with face guard to keep the skeeters at bay!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

13 days from today.
Got my primary location figured out and a secondary in case winds don't cooperate.
Really itching to get out for the first day.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"