Skittish Doe

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Galgo

Skittish Doe

Post by Galgo »

What do you think spooked her? I have a pile of corn on the cob and a scent pad in The corn right in front of her. My blind is 20 yards away. (behind her)

F

http://s108.photobucket.com/user/Galgo1 ... h.mp4.html
Riflemanz

Re: Skittish Doe

Post by Riflemanz »

Your pic doesn't work!
Anything could of spooked her,hard to say.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Tom

Post by Tom »

From what I could see in the video, she was not too easy on approaching in the first thing. When they are already that cautious, anything will get a reaction like that from a deer. It could have been a scent that she did not like, or movement or noise and she is gone.

It happens all the time in the woods.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Mayor of Atlantis

Post by Mayor of Atlantis »

In my opinion it was a scent and not a noise that jumped her. It seems that she recollected a scent she associated previously with danger. I ruled out noise because of the way the foliage and grasses were swaying and rustling in the wind. The loud ambient noise of the surroundings are what made her skittish in the first place (look at how her ears are actively scanning while she walks in).

The grass looks kinda matted or trampled down probably from you getting to your blind if that is your path into your blind. When her nose got near the trampled path she bolted. She may have picked up the scent off of your footwear or from an attractant that spoked her (if you are using one)?

Of course I'm just guessing about the cause because I wasn't there. My guess is based on deer I have experienced in the bush and that flight movement sure looked non-voluntary on her part. Her size and actions suggest she has been around a while and this is not the first bullet (or arrow) she's dodged.

I do admit she moved as fast as my wife does after I involuntarily off gas digestive by-product. :lol:

Thanks for the nice video!
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

A Snake