bow shooting left

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rbcss

Re: bow shooting left

Post by rbcss »

well I went out this morning and set up a bench and a rest at exactly 20 yards. everything was perfectly level. I put a line level on the bow and across the top of the scope. everything perfect. squeeze the trigger and it shot 2" left of dead center. the scope has no more adjustments. it's all the way out. up and down is perfect. left to right is off. I wanted to make sure of the results and did the same as before with the line levels and hit the same spots. shot three more arrows without taking them out of the target and was surprised I didn't get a robin hood the arrows were so packed in tight, but still 2" left with no more adjustment on the scope. I don't see I can move the mount.
strum

Post by strum »

call Dan Miller. he will get you fixed pronto..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

strum wrote:call Dan Miller. he will get you fixed pronto..
First thing I did was call Dan.Told me to call Barry 610-678-7807 You will get a RMA # and ship it to him at Woodys.I did that yesterday.You can upgrade like I did on scope and call 1-800-463-1817 Reson for that is to charge the extra dough so Barry can send you the better scope. The lady will take good care of you and send RMA# with email and where to send it which is Woodys.Hope this helps.
rbcss

Post by rbcss »

thanks, I talked to Dan. the only thing he asked if I was using a cocking aid, which I do. he said to send my scope back and he would send a new one out. hope the new one works out, just so many day for hunting.
strum

Post by strum »

rbcss wrote:thanks, I talked to Dan. the only thing he asked if I was using a cocking aid, which I do. he said to send my scope back and he would send a new one out. hope the new one works out, just so many day for hunting.
problem is solved..let us know man..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
6x6 elk

Post by 6x6 elk »

If this were a rifle, I would think that the receiver was drilled wrong.So If the new scope does not help look at replacing the piece that the rings attach to.
6x6 elk

Post by 6x6 elk »

If this were a rifle, I would think that the receiver was drilled wrong.So If the new scope does not help look at replacing the piece that the rings attach to.
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

rbcss wrote:thanks, I talked to Dan. the only thing he asked if I was using a cocking aid, which I do. he said to send my scope back and he would send a new one out. hope the new one works out, just so many day for hunting.
Funny Dan told me to call Barry to get my new scope.Main thing is were both getting new ones pronto!
rbcss

Post by rbcss »

bobcattrapper ,
I read your other post about warranty and made me think. I sent my scope out yesterday around noon. priority mail. Dan should get it Monday, Tuesday at the latest. I will probably call him on Tuesday and ask him some of the questions. He may be collecting them because there may be issues with these scopes and want's to test them out. or after he got off the phone with you he's got more coming his way this week. but regardless I feel we will be taken care of. I here nothing but good things about Dan and Excalibur.
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

rbcss if you can swing the extra dough ask him to upgrade you to the varizone.When I talked to Danny yesterday I ask him about the shadowzone scope that illuminates.Its the varizone but shows up red or green in low light.Now I'm going to call tomorrow and get that one instead for my replacement.its 60.00 more. I should have mentioned sometimes when a scope especially a cheap one does not seem to change the POI when doing the clicks you can give the top middle part of the scope a light smack a couple times after you move it.There are things inside you can't see like little springs that get stuck so the scope won't take a set and move POI.
rbcss

Post by rbcss »

I got home and I put on my new veri-zone scope on. I put it on a shooting bench and made sure everything was level. took my first shot went left. again. I grabbed the arrow double checked everything took another shot same place. left. turned the ajustments on the scope in four clicks. this time the clicks were shorter and more positive. took a shot, right on the outside circle . made another 4 clicks . bullseye. took a bunch of shots all landed in the center every time. I had my 15 year old daughter come out and take some shots and they landed in the bullseye also. dead on.
I did some research on some alternative arrows and being a Easton fan I read about the Easton magnums 2219 aluminums. I went to Cabela's bought a set of 6. normally I have my archery shop make my arrows, but these were at a good price so I wanted to try them out. these things few fanatic. flat and right on the money.
northman

Re: bow shooting left/diablo arrow issues

Post by northman »

I am curious if anyone has had the following issues with their Matrix 380. I have shot archery for 30 years, with a vertical bow, but this is my first crossbow. After spending a week trying to get good grouping at 40 yards, I had to send the scope back to Woody's since adjusting the FPS ring had no affect down to 300 FPS, then radically "worked" and shot all my arrows hi. After installing the new scope, I could get some arrows to fly well, but others 4" out. All of this was done on a bench rest using the supplied Diablo arrows. I numbered each arrow and did a simple gage R and R test. The repeatability of the arrows/bow was amazing. 1" Max groups at 40 yards with target points. Unfortunately, could not get two arrows to fly the same out of 10. T.I.R. for straightness of them ranged from .0025" to .011". I have read that some manufacturers sell matched sets of arrows for spline, weight, straightness. Does anyone know who these manufacturers are? Would like to stay with carbon arrows. I did shoot some XX75s and they are so much more repeatable than those Diablo's. Secondly, I had both string suppressors crack the rubber after 250 shots.....don't believe adequate durability testing was conducted on those prior to production release. I appreciate any input. thanks!
Xbowkiller

Re: bow shooting left/diablo arrow issues

Post by Xbowkiller »

northman wrote:I am curious if anyone has had the following issues with their Matrix 380. I have shot archery for 30 years, with a vertical bow, but this is my first crossbow. After spending a week trying to get good grouping at 40 yards, I had to send the scope back to Woody's since adjusting the FPS ring had no affect down to 300 FPS, then radically "worked" and shot all my arrows hi. After installing the new scope, I could get some arrows to fly well, but others 4" out. All of this was done on a bench rest using the supplied Diablo arrows. I numbered each arrow and did a simple gage R and R test. The repeatability of the arrows/bow was amazing. 1" Max groups at 40 yards with target points. Unfortunately, could not get two arrows to fly the same out of 10. T.I.R. for straightness of them ranged from .0025" to .011". I have read that some manufacturers sell matched sets of arrows for spline, weight, straightness. Does anyone know who these manufacturers are? Would like to stay with carbon arrows. I did shoot some XX75s and they are so much more repeatable than those Diablo's. Secondly, I had both string suppressors crack the rubber after 250 shots.....don't believe adequate durability testing was conducted on those prior to production release. I appreciate any input. thanks!
Welcome to the forum. Nice to meet you also.
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

rbcss wrote:I got home and I put on my new veri-zone scope on. I put it on a shooting bench and made sure everything was level. took my first shot went left. again. I grabbed the arrow double checked everything took another shot same place. left. turned the ajustments on the scope in four clicks. this time the clicks were shorter and more positive. took a shot, right on the outside circle . made another 4 clicks . bullseye. took a bunch of shots all landed in the center every time. I had my 15 year old daughter come out and take some shots and they landed in the bullseye also. dead on.
I did some research on some alternative arrows and being a Easton fan I read about the Easton magnums 2219 aluminums. I went to Cabela's bought a set of 6. normally I have my archery shop make my arrows, but these were at a good price so I wanted to try them out. these things few fanatic. flat and right on the money.
rbcss I received my new veri zone also today.I shot about 8 bolts and its all dialed in at 20yds.I made just a few adjustments.But like you said this scope has a more positive click to it.Those scopes we got with are bows were junk lol I did put blue loc tite on my rings this time too just so it won't vibrate em off.I had my quiver bolts vibrate loose and I put a drop of blue on those as well.Glad were all set now!! :D
rbcss

Post by rbcss »

that's good news. also put a little loc tite on them as well as all the loose bolts that came in the kit. I also checked all the bolts that was pre assembled in the kit. most were tight but a couple I had to re tighten.
good luck
Ralph