Shoot through mesh?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Re: Shoot through mesh?

Post by Pydpiper »

I seen him Laura, congrats!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Great shooting,thanks for the added feedback ishca,It gives me more confidence as well. :D
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Tom

Post by Tom »

As most of you might remember that I shoot NAP Spitfire Mechanicals and have for a real long time. I had heard long ago that you can or could shoot those heads through the mesh with no problems. I would or could not believe that.

So, I did what anyone would do, I tested it. I got a piece of mesh, stretched it out, another hung loosely, and did some shot testing. The point of impact did not change. I even placed a piece of paper (2 feet down field from mesh) in the arrow path to see if the blades opened when passing through the mesh. On all shots, the paper had a normal clean hole and the target was a bullseye.

Remember that these tests were preformed in the spring (turkey season) but were also with new or nearly new retaining clips to hold blades closed.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
rayman

Post by rayman »

A guy I know swears that plastic wrap has no effect at all on the trajectory a rifle bullet. He said he sits next to the wood stove in their cabin and shoots through a window space with plastic wrap over it. :D
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Tom wrote:As most of you might remember that I shoot NAP Spitfire Mechanicals and have for a real long time. I had heard long ago that you can or could shoot those heads through the mesh with no problems. I would or could not believe that.

So, I did what anyone would do, I tested it. I got a piece of mesh, stretched it out, another hung loosely, and did some shot testing. The point of impact did not change. I even placed a piece of paper (2 feet down field from mesh) in the arrow path to see if the blades opened when passing through the mesh. On all shots, the paper had a normal clean hole and the target was a bullseye.

Remember that these tests were preformed in the spring (turkey season) but were also with new or nearly new retaining clips to hold blades closed.

Tom
Thats great info,thanks for sharing Tom.I already had been planning to buy a 3 pk of Spitfires as I want to try a mechanical but did'nt plan to try them through the mesh.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I have it on my blind but have never tried it and probably won't.
Prefer to take the front and corners out

Tenpoint Matrix
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Not about shooting through screen but I always change to fixed heads when in a blind incase I have to shoot through a screen. Last Saturday I tested Rage2 broadheads at forty yards. I opened one blade then 2 blades fully open and part open. Off a rest at forty yards the worse I could get from them is one inch off centre and an inch and a half high at 318FPS. I will be shooting Rage2 through the blind windows if I need to and will not change to a different broadheads. I don't by it changes poi if blades open in flight at short distances. I now think people use it as an excuse or open blades hit a twig or something. :D