Shadowzone scope or veri zone ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

Shadowzone scope or veri zone ?

Post by bobcattrapper »

Ok I'm still on the fence which one I want to upgrade to.So is the Shadowzone since it light red or green in low light a little better and worth it? Thanks!
Steve_Guelph

Re: Shadowzone scope or veri zone ?

Post by Steve_Guelph »

Both are good scopes. I use the veri zone and never had a problem during legal hunting hours putting the crosshairs on target.
Micro Nightmare (Chucky)
TPM

Post by TPM »

Twilght DLX, Excal's best offering so far in my opinion.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
strum

Post by strum »

Steve_Guelph wrote:Both are good scopes. I use the veri zone and never had a problem during legal hunting hours putting the crosshairs on target.
same for me...I have owned 3 vari- zones and a taczone and right now im using the shadowzone..
for me after the new wore off the lighted reticals..I don't realy care for them..
in very low light I can see better with them off..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
turbo

Post by turbo »

Go for the Twilight dlx you wont go wrong,a little larger but great field of view and very clear :)
LIVING THE DREAM
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I like the Varizones. Have had several over the years........
"Eze 18:21"
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

If I wanted a better low light option I might look for something with a bigger objective lens rather than something with batteries. However, my Varizone has been fine. For crossbow distances, I have had no issues. Maybe for those 100+ yard rifle shots, it would be a different story....
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

love my shadowzone, extends my hunting time by about 15 min.; i do not believe it is to bright, it has helped me on several occasions where as i could not make out my crosshairs. my eyes are not what they used to be! :)
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I've shot both and they are both great scopes. I do however like the Shadowzone a bit more and that is what is on my Vortex right now. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
rbcss

Post by rbcss »

bobcattrapper, just wondering scope which one you went with. I sent my defective one back to Dan on Saturday and got it back today. very fast turn around. that's why everybody talks very highly about Dan. talking to him he's a stand up guy. I went with veri zone. I also bought the Horton there was a thread on. that one should be in tomorrow and it is illuminated. I'm hoping the veri-zone works out well. I probably not going to get to it until tomorrow or Friday.
good luck on the one you chose.
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

rbcss wrote:bobcattrapper, just wondering scope which one you went with. I sent my defective one back to Dan on Saturday and got it back today. very fast turn around. that's why everybody talks very highly about Dan. talking to him he's a stand up guy. I went with veri zone. I also bought the Horton there was a thread on. that one should be in tomorrow and it is illuminated. I'm hoping the veri-zone works out well. I probably not going to get to it until tomorrow or Friday.
good luck on the one you chose.
I went with the vari zone.Was hard for me to make up my mind lol I did call and talk to Peter at Excalibur and I got the impression from him that another 35.00 extra for the shadowzone was in his opinion not really worth it.Plus you gotta change battries.Hopefully I should have my new scope tomorrow.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Hope you like it as well as I do........Remember........the closer you get it to Nirvana, the smaller your adjs are. I know it's 4 clicks if you swap an Excell w/ FFF, just can't recall which way you turnit, lol. Big help, eh?
"Eze 18:21"
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Well no scope today!!I called Barry up today to see whats up as he told me my new scope would go out the same day he received it.Well he got it Monday my tracking says.He told me he was very busy Tuesday and it went out on Wednesday!Then when I call him out on what he told me he says I have 2 days to do exchanges!!!Good grief! Excalibur on the other hand is a class act and I'm more then pleased how they are taking care of me. :D