Sighting in new crossbow HELP!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nessilas

Sighting in new crossbow HELP!

Post by nessilas »

Bought a new Ibex crossbow was already put together 30 yards is the shortest yardage I can get the bow set for ran out of adjustment on scope HELP.
bobcattrapper

Re: Sighting in new crossbow HELP!

Post by bobcattrapper »

Call Barry at 610-678-7807 Your the third one in 2 days that got a bad one.Its the scope!! If you call Barry he will send you a new replacement!!! You can tap the scope a few times and see if that works to loosen the spring to see if it actually will change POI but doughtful.I upgraded my scope too for 30.00.
nessilas

Post by nessilas »

Thank you for the input I am going to call Barry now.
nessilas

Post by nessilas »

Got no answer when I tried to call Barry the Archery shop where I bought the bow said bring it in and I will this afternoon. will keep you posted.
mndoggie

Post by mndoggie »

New member here.

I purchased a new Ibex a few weeks ago. After I mounted the scope, it was close enough at 20 yards that I didn't bother making any additional adjustments to the standard scope. I just wanted to shoot the crossbow a bunch to get a feel for things first.

Now I'm up to about 40 shots. I adjusted the scope and was shooting dead on at 20 yards. I moved out to 30 (using the appropriate aiming point ) and it was low and about 3 inches to the left. Distances were measured ith a tape measure. I was shooting sitting using shooting sticks.

I did some more searching and spent some time this morning checking all the screws, etc. I also followed the directions on Boo's website on making sure that the scope was level, etc. (it was very close)

I've been using the same arrows (two so far with same results) with the same fletch in the groove, etc.

Arrows are the ones that came with the crossbow.

Will keep trying. Info found here is very useful.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Welcome to the forum! Just for kicks, try using a diff cock vane........
"Eze 18:21"
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

you may have a stinker scope or loose screws. some things i have done in the past. use higher rings/ if you have lows use a set of medium height. ive also tried to loosen the 4 side screws and gently lift the front of the base as you re-tighten the same 4 screws. there is a little slop that might make things better but probly isint the whole fix.
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

Someone on this forum suggested that you swap the rings front to rear for a similar problem to see if this may help.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
miller1buc

Post by miller1buc »

Same thing happened to me. I swapped the rings around and that resolved my issue.
mndoggie

Post by mndoggie »

I did find that the two screws holding the right limb were a bit loose. I did all the leveling, etc.

Also went to my nearby Cabelas (7 mi away) and purchased some of the Easton 2219 arrows. I added the 150 gr target tips. Shot at 20 yards, made one click adjustment and was dead on. Then I moved my target to my measured 30 yard location and found things were still on. Moved to 40 yards and was within an inch of dead center. Very happy. I think my issue was loose screws rather than a bad scope.

It appears that the lighter weight firebolts need a substantially different zero point due to the 25-30 fps difference in speed. Does that make sense?
strum

Post by strum »

nessilas wrote:Bought a new Ibex crossbow was already put together 30 yards is the shortest yardage I can get the bow set for ran out of adjustment on scope HELP.
does this scope have the speed adjustments?..
Im assuming you are shooting high at 20 and cant adjust down?
another trick someone did was placed a shim made from an alumin can in the rear scope ring to raise the back end of the scope.
you shouldn't have to go to a heavier arrow to solve this problem.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

ttt for silverbear :mrgreen: