Guardian ADF

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tee

Guardian ADF

Post by Tee »

I'm mystified.

I purchased the Excalibur Guardian ADF. It arrived and I attempted to mount the ADF on my Pheonix crossbow.

According to the instructions, there should be mounting screws and a allen wrench included with the ADF in order to mount the ADF on the crossbow.

The ADF shipped had NO allen wrench and NO mounting screws.

I lodged a complaint with the seller and today I finally got a replacement ADF.

The replacement ADF also has NO allen wrench and NO mounting screws. It would appear that they simply sent back the ADF I sent them.

So I am asking here: are mounting screws supposed to be included with the ADF?

If not, how is one supposed to mount the ADF? Yeah I could spend a few hours visiting h/w stores and maybe Lowes to find the appropriate number of screws of the proper size, but honestly, is that any way to sell a product? Especially when the instructions specifically state that they are included.

Again, my question for anybody that has purchased the Excalibur Guardian ADF: Did your ADF contain the allen wrench and the mounting screws??
If you are alwys rushing to the future,
Then you never have any NOW.
racking up points

Re: Guardian ADF

Post by racking up points »

I bought the basic scope rail a few weeks ago and it came with screws and an Allen wrench. But the screws you are removing from the old rail will fit the guardian if you saved them, and any old Allen wrench will work. Good luck
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

call danny miller. if you need it right away the 4 side mount scews you can get at lowes- or depot. the arrow retainer needs different screws and on some of the older ones i had to drill out the holes in the retainer itself.
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Where did u order it from ?
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

just bought and installed a Guardian on my equinox .
Answer to your question is yes allen wrench / screws / arrow retainer and screws included with anti dryfire mount
Tee

Post by Tee »

racking up points wrote:I bought the basic scope rail a few weeks ago and it came with screws and an Allen wrench. But the screws you are removing from the old rail will fit the guardian if you saved them, and any old Allen wrench will work. Good luck
That assumes that I have a rail already attached. :? :( :D
Tee

Post by Tee »

Mo wannabe wrote:Where did u order it from ?
Archer FullThrottle.

I don't like this, especially based on a single purchase, but I definitely would not recommend them to anybody.

This whole episode could be a commedy of errors that they couldn't control, but somehow I don't think so. At the same time, I seriously doubt that they did anything deliberately, just errors on the part of probably 2 or more people. Unfortunately all of the errors were commited on my order.

The episode does not give me much hope for future orders with them.
Tee

Post by Tee »

colouredchameleon wrote:just bought and installed a Guardian on my equinox .
Answer to your question is yes allen wrench / screws / arrow retainer and screws included with anti dryfire mount
Thank you very, very much for your timely response.

After getting the replacement package with the same problem as the original package, I was beginning to doubt my logic that the screws and wrench had to be in the package. I was beginning to really wonder whether Excalibur could have possibly left them out deliberately. That didn't seem like a logical thing for Excalibur to do though.

Your response gives me a much better position in my mind in future discussions with them than I had.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Give me a call, we can send you the correct screws and wrench for your ADF. It is possible they were missed when packaged here but either way we can help you out.

800-463-1817

Peter
Tee

Post by Tee »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Give me a call, we can send you the correct screws and wrench for your ADF. It is possible they were missed when packaged here but either way we can help you out.

800-463-1817

Peter
I'll see if that will be necessary. Hopefully not. I called and spoke directly to the nice lady at at fullthrottle that I had been exchanging emails with before now. She was genuinly surprised about what happened. She called their shipping people and called me right back and is arranging to correct the situation. Very nice lady.

I am pretty sure that what happened is a string of unintentional errors that ordinarily would not happen and especially not happen on the same order. But strange things do happen and the probability of their happening sequentually like this is very low, but still not zero. It is frustrating, bot not injurious or fatal.

As I said, the lady I talked to is very nice and has been so in all of the emails we have exchanged.
Tee

Post by Tee »

This is a vent about Excalibur. If you don't wish to read something less than positive about Excalibur, then stoip right now.

In the past 2 months I have had 2 less than good experiences with Excalibur.

First I notriced what I considered excessive wear on the Pheonix stock due to the rope cocking aid. I thought that if I continued using the rope cocking aid it would soon cut entirely through the stock butt. I contacted Excalibur and explained the situation to Dawn Douglas. At my own expense I sent the stock to their warranty outfit (Woody's). 3 weeks after it had been delivered, I had heard nothing. I called and emailed Dawn and asked for the status. She finally called 2 or 3 days later and said that what I was experiencing was "normal wear" and simply the camo coating being rubbed off. Since I had not measured the depth of the groove before and after I had no way of countering her claim. I assume that her claim was what Woodys told her. It took Woodys 3 weeks to determine this.

I also purchased an Excalibur Guardian Anti-dry fire mechanism from Archer Fullthrottle. The mechanism arrived without all of the parts. Contacted Archer and they finally sent me an RA#. They then, after some delay, returned the partial package to me. Afte some back and forth, they arranged for Excalibur to send me the missing parts. Today I got the "missing parts" shipment. Unfortunately the "missing parts" shipment was only a partial shipment. It turns out that the same person or persons that claimed the wear on my stock was normal wear and tear shipped out the partial missing parts shipment. They were told explicitly what parts were missing and they still got it wrong.

I am less than impressed by Woodys. Since Woodys are the people telling me that the stock exhibited only normal wear and tear, I don't believe them. In my limited experience, they are not somebody who has demonstrated that I can trust them. Thusly, I do not believe that when the rope cocking aid cuts the stock, that it is "normal wear and tear".

Now I am sure that Excalibur trusts Woodys and since in this case it is in their best interests to do so, they win.

But they also lose. I can honestly say that I will never again in the future recommend Excalibur crossbows to anybody. I will relate my experience and let them judge whether thay want to deal with such people.

Do I feel better having related my experience. NO.

I would feel better if I had at least been able to a full Guardian Antidry Fire package. I have decide to no longer fight this losing battle. I have asked Archer Fullthrottle for an RA # and a full refund.

I will sell the Pheonix as soon as I can determine what to sell it for and find a willing buyer.
Tee

Post by Tee »

I got some time and took a closer look at what Woodys did send.

What they should have sent were an allen wrench, 4 screws to attach the device to the crossbow and a replacement screw for the bolt hold down spring.

What they sent: 2 regular screws, 2 countersunk screws and an allen wrench.

The 2 countersunk screws are totally worthless for the ADF and without the replacement screw for the hold down spring the ADF is worthless.

It looks like sombody at Woodys simply grabbed 2 screws from bin 1, 2 screws from bin 2 and an allen wrench. The put the lot in a zip lock bag and shipped it. Time spent: less than 5 minutes. Time spent understanding what was needed: 0 minutes.

As I said: I will never trust anything that Woodys does again - total waste.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Pictures of the stock issue would be nice to see.
I would suspect the issue you are having may have more to do with cocking aid.
Possibily one of the hook bearings is seized resulting in the cocking rope being drawn against the groove. If the bearings and their surface are working properly very little moment of the rope should occur in the groove. the only time alot of move ment will occur is when doing a onehand decocking using the rope cocker. Which is a reason to do so on the camo surface should be the exception rather then the norm. Minizing its effect.
I have avoided one handed decocking for that vèry reason as much as possible.
After what has been hundreds of shots on my Equinox I can say the camo finish is still intact. I also check the bearings on the cocking aid on regular basis as I do the whole crossbow before and after each and every session.

The anti dryfire missìng parts issue although an inconvience maybe a little ovèr blown resulting from a already hostel additude you may be carrying over because what you considèr abnormal wear and Woody,s døes not.
Without a picture it is hard for anyone here to comment on who is right.
Until then in the world of cyber space creditbility has to go to Excalibur Customer Service.
I am sure negative trolling comes to mind for others here unless you can demonstrate otherwise.
strum

Post by strum »

sorry to hear about you experience man. it would be good to show us a pic and maybe we can help.
Im thinking it would be really hard to cut that stock with e rope cocker..it may in fact be normal wear. think about it. was this an Excalibur fault ..or a bad experience with Woodys and Archer FT.
You talking about selling and never using an Excalibur because of some rope wear on your stock and an add on part with some missing screws?
Take a breath ..don't let it mess with you its all fix able.
tell us how do you like the bow otherwise?.
does it shoot good ?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Selling a perfectly good bow because of this ??!?? Seriously ??? Aggravated for sure, maybe really Pee'd off, but so angry you would sell it ???? Even when your told by Peter he would make it right, you don't think your over reacting just a weeeee bit.

Lifes going to throw you a lot worse curve balls than this over time, as already said, take a big breath, then call Peter.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone