Spitfire

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ebuckle

Spitfire

Post by ebuckle »

Tried my 125 gr Spitfire crossbow broad heads that came highly recommended by to bow shops in my 380. First shot flew wide left and second wide right completely missing the target. Yep a blade deployed in flight. Call NAP today and the tech said that my call was the second today and multiple in as many days concerning the 380. He stated this BH has been a big hit for them, but it can't handle the increased speed of the 380. To get to the point, NAP offered to send me a free pack of their Kill Zone broad heads to try and 2 practice heads for free.
I must say, I didn't expect that so got to give a shout out for good customer service. He's taking all the feedback from the callers to send to the engineering staff.
In the mean time I picked up the xcal 150 gr and shot in so I can take my daughter this sat for youth day.
Riflemanz

Re: Spitfire

Post by Riflemanz »

I shoot the rocket 100gr Hammerhead 3 blade 2" cut but i put two rubber bands on it out of my 355.Works great and flies like a field point to the bullseye!Rage 2 blade crossbow with collars shot fine also out of my 355.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

FYI 100 gr 2 blade crossbow Rage and 100 gr Slick Trick 4 blade regulars and magnums fly like field points from my Vortex
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Hmmmm.... Have not had a single issue with the 125 Spits yet.
Don't really like hearing this, as I've pretty well settled on them as my Go-To for this fall's season with the Matrix 380.

HOPE I got a "Good" set of them or two... :shock:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I use dental elastics on all my mechanicals, even my Spitfires.

The thing with the Spitfires and the Innerlocs(neither company could tell me how many shots before they fail) . . .they are spring loaded, sooner or later, the spring will weaken. The dental elastics are about the best rubberbands on earth. Just use one and forget about a premature opening. Any kid with braces in their mouth has more than they will ever use.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Normous

Post by Normous »

I agree with Scott on the dental elastics. I wiil be using the NAP FOC 170gr two blade 3" cut and my wife the Rocket 4 blade 2" x 2" cut 100gr. The Rocket has 3 elastics and the FOC 1 elastic out of the M380 to prevent any early opening upon launch.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I guess i need to buy some slick trick magnums and test them with my 355.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
frank25

Post by frank25 »

im having the same problem your having they say your not suppose to shoot them more then once cause they start to open after that i glued the blades shut on my practie ones but i got g5s and fly great and dont have to worry of blades opening
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

sumner4991 wrote:I use dental elastics on all my mechanicals, even my Spitfires.

The thing with the Spitfires and the Innerlocs(neither company could tell me how many shots before they fail) . . .they are spring loaded, sooner or later, the spring will weaken. The dental elastics are about the best rubberbands on earth. Just use one and forget about a premature opening. Any kid with braces in their mouth has more than they will ever use.
I will be using the 100gr. spitfire maxx out of my 355, even though the head is rated at 400fps having a little insurance is not a bad idea! I don't know anyone with braces is there a good place to get them? I see many many places online
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
Normous

Post by Normous »

Any dentist should have dental elastics. A kind request should net you a dozen or so for free. The last Dentist I went too gave me a 250 pack free.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

enormous wrote:Any dentist should have dental elastics. A kind request should net you a dozen or so for free. The last Dentist I went too gave me a 250 pack free.
That's how I got my last pack. And, I'd be careful . . .you can put too many on, then the blades could remain closed. In the testing I did, it only took one elastic to keep it closed . . .that was out of my Exomax at 323 fps.

The elastics do not affect flight, so, why not.

The elastics do come in different strengths . . .so you faster guys might want to get the thicker ones.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

xcaliber wrote:Try to find a good fixed blade that gives you good flight. JMO!
X2
X3 and X4!
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><