Treewalker stands -- Where's Jerry?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BravoKilo

Treewalker stands -- Where's Jerry?

Post by BravoKilo »

Have been itching to pull the trigger on a Treewalker Promag XL for over a week now but have been wanting to run a few questions by Jerry first. Mainly, wanted to see if he was going to be in MI any time soon to try and save a few bucks on the stand (heard he gives some good discounts at shows and don't have to pay $40 to ship it). Sent him an email and left a VM over a week ago with no response. He cleared his voicemail inbox (was full the first couple days I called) so I know there's some activity on the other end, just haven't heard a word since. Was curious if anybody here would happen to know his whereabouts? Hunting? On the road at expos/shows?

Thanks
RANGER94

Re: Treewalker stands -- Where's Jerry?

Post by RANGER94 »

Hello BravoKilo - I would be patient in regards to Jerry. I am pretty sure he works at another job full time and also this is his busy season for the tree stands. I had similar issues with him during the summer, but he always got back to me. I think he responds to emails quicker than voice mails. Hands down - he is a class act. It was funny I did alot of research between Lone Wolf and TreeWalker, and sent him a couple of back to back emails, and then all of a sudden - he calls me to discuss the issues. Thus - unfortunately it can be hit or miss communicating with him.
In the end I went with the Pro Mag XL, and even though I have not used it hunting yet (I just got the stand this summer), I have practiced with it in my backyard and could not be happier. My recommendation is to get the chill pad, and possibly the gun holder (I plan to use them as hooks to hang my gear). Don't get the arm pads - they don't fit right when backpacking the stand. I would also get Summit Climbing Stirrups. I would also not purchase the backpack straps (go on Ebay and get the Army Surplus Molle II should straps). The jury is still out on the shooting rail - I currently have it removed. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks!

Ranger94