scope fell apart

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cthunt

scope fell apart

Post by cthunt »

I bought a Ibex in July i shot it during practice now that hunting season is here i took it out to take a few practice shots to stay in tune i went to take a shot i noticed a rubber (neoprene) ring hanging out of the eye piece there is no way i can put it back in ,i am not pleased with this product sorry to vent here but i spent my hard earned money thought i was getting the best out there now i cant hunt.
Ten point TL-7
Excalibur Ibex .
GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazer
nap nightmares 100grn.
Meat Hunter

Re: scope fell apart

Post by Meat Hunter »

Have you given Excalibur a call... ?
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

cthunt wrote:I bought a Ibex in July i shot it during practice now that hunting season is here i took it out to take a few practice shots to stay in tune i went to take a shot i noticed a rubber (neoprene) ring hanging out of the eye piece there is no way i can put it back in ,i am not pleased with this product sorry to vent here but i spent my hard earned money thought i was getting the best out there now i cant hunt.

This is not really a problem.

Rather an opportunity for you to see how good Excalibur's customer service is.

Call Danny Miller & he will fix U up.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I certainly understand yer frustration about the scope goin south on you. Should make a call n getstid a replacement real quick
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
cthunt

Post by cthunt »

What is his phone number please
Ten point TL-7
Excalibur Ibex .
nap nightmares 100grn.
_woods

Post by _woods »

740-483-2312
2012 Eclipse
Home-brewed D10 Flemish string
GT II III w/ 175 'Tricks
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Danny Miller is top notch. I recommended throwing in a little scratch and upgrade to the Vari-Zone Scope.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
cthunt

Post by cthunt »

Just got off the phone with dan he said ship mine to him and he will send me another one no problem i will have another one in about a week ..
Ten point TL-7
Excalibur Ibex .
nap nightmares 100grn.
Taylmatr

Post by Taylmatr »

Send him 30 bucks and upgrade to a vari zone. Have the same bow as you and scope went out 2 weeks ago. Couldn't be happier with Danny or the varizone.
cthunt

Post by cthunt »

Well i mailed the scope to Dan on Monday got a new scope today Friday i set it up took a few shots at 10 yards it was shooting 8 inches high i turn it down 14 clicks took 3 more shots its hitting the same hole i try to turn it down its still hitting high i can not figure out what is the reason it should be shooting high.
Ten point TL-7
Excalibur Ibex .
nap nightmares 100grn.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Sumpin ain't right fer sure, i reckon its not out of the realm to have another bad scope. So yer droppin scopes xhairs at 20 & its not movin it down at all ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

cthunt

Post by cthunt »

This has left a very sour taste in my mouth and i am looking to buy another brand of scope i lost a week and two saturdays of hunting it looks like i am going to loose another week ,I like the IBEX but the scopes remain to be desired end of discussion ............ :roll: :roll:
Ten point TL-7
Excalibur Ibex .
nap nightmares 100grn.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I see you have a Ten Pt also did you actually lose huntin time ? I certainly understand the bad taste on the scope that came wid the pkg. I use Varizones. I have other back up's so i never lose more than the time it takes me to walk back to my cabin & grab another one of my Excals off the wall!
Half Bubble Off BD360

steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Excalibur has one of the best warranty's in the business,no matter who own's it .I will alway's buy Excalibur bow's .
Thing's happen ,no matter what you have .Don't call the kettle black at everything you see or have.Iv'e had $3000.00 scope's go bad for one reason or another.So no matter what it is, it's replaceable one way or another.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
cthunt

Post by cthunt »

I see you have a Ten Pt also did you actually lose huntin time ? I certainly understand the bad taste on the scope that came wid the pkg. I use Varizones. I have other back up's so i never lose more than the time it takes me to walk back to my cabin & grab another one of my Excals off the wall!
I have the worse luck in the world my Ten point fell off the wall hanger and the elevation Turret broke off so that scope is junk being on a fixed income it will have to wait until i can rob peter to pay paul and buy another one for the ten point so you see i am down from the hunt for awhile.. :x
Ten point TL-7
Excalibur Ibex .
nap nightmares 100grn.