Upgrade to Matrix 380 (looking for an opinion)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

yakman$

Upgrade to Matrix 380 (looking for an opinion)

Post by yakman$ »

Look for some opinions. :?:
I currently have an Exomax and have been happy with it for at least 7 years or so.
I am thinking of upgrading to the Matrix 380. Is it worth it? Can any help with a comparing of the two models?

Thanks
Excalibur Exomax
Lumen-Arrow
Bolt Cutters 150gr
S5

BEST Crossbow I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!
one shot scott

Re: Upgrade to Matrix 380 (looking for an opinion)

Post by one shot scott »

The easy answer is yes, do it. I did and have no regrets. I've had exomax, equinox(x2), vixen, and have a Y25 as well as the matrix.

Every bow is sweet. The matrix is a killing machine. The strengths of the matrix obvious. If you like speed and the dimensions then get it, but it won't kill anything anymore dead than what you have.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I recently sold my 2012 Equinox for a 2013 Matrix 355. I opted for the 355 vs the 380 since I knew I didn't need the extra power.

Additionally, I received a great deal on my Equinox and made an even sweeter deal on my Matrix 355.

Andrew
Last edited by yooper_man on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
yakman$

Post by yakman$ »

Thanks for the opinions.

Anyone else made the switch ???
Excalibur Exomax
Lumen-Arrow
Bolt Cutters 150gr
S5

BEST Crossbow I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

For me.

Ibex to the Matrix 355 & I could not be happier with my choice.

You will have no regrets!

I will be in the stand this Saturday with the new bow & am counting the minutes!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I've owned both xbows and can't answer your question. I'd already sold my Emax when I got a Matrix 380 to form my own opinions on it. It's a swell xbow.

If you sell your Emax to get the Matrix, prices are depressed a bit. If you don't need to sell the Emax, get the Matrix and then decide if you like it $X better.......

I'm content w/ my Y-25, fwiw.........
"Eze 18:21"
mfh

Post by mfh »

Own an exomax…just bought a matrix 380. Have not harvested with the 380, but it is a tact driver as best I can do out to 50 yards. I bought a second crossbow to accommodate family coming to hunt during the season. But that really was an excuse - had not bought a bow in years!

Anyways…should you trade…well, they are both accurate. If you are in a blind, the 380 is easier to move around. If you like the newer stock…then that is another reason. The power difference for me is moot - anything I hunt any bow excal makes will harvest just fine…and I never take shots outside 30 yards. My point is the bows I have are overkill…but that is ok with me.

Both are great IMO and what I really like is I never need a press…which means no outrageous fees from the local bow shop. I pay it for my vertical…but no reason to ay it for my excals makes me happy.
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I haven't been on this board in a while, and this thread is just what I needed to see. I have an Exomax and am happy with it, but I am considering buying a Matrix 380 and keeping my current xbow as a backup.

My main crossbow hunting is done 550 miles from home with no bow shop/sporting goods stores close by, and if I have a bow problem, I am done. When I gun hunt, I always carry two rifles, and I figure having two xbows wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for posting!
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I have a 380 blk out. I luv the matrix bows they are so well balanced and. Easy to shoot I had to have one I also have 2 axioms one fer back up one loaner I would keep a extra if it was me :lol:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

I made the switch, just sold my Exomax to a friend of mine, expecting my new Matrix 355 to come in Friday or Monday. I made the switch because I wanted something a little easier to handle. Getting a little older and my shoulders are getting bad, so i'll let you know next week how I like the 355. Can't wait
:D :D :D :D
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

yakman$ wrote:... Anyone else made the switch ???
aYup. In fact the exact same switch you are talking about - from an Exomax to a Matrix 380. While I did like the Exomax, and harvested several deer with it, overall I am VERY Pleased with the smaller and yet more powerful Matrix. No Looking Back! :wink:

Couple "comparison pictures" for you:

Best of Luck with your decision...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I loved my Vortex which I had for a couple of years but I have to say I love my Matrix even more. My brother has my Vortex and the Matrix has a lot less vibration than the Vortex when you compare the two and seems to be balanced better for off hand shots. Good luck
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

I have an Axiom and just got a 355 . I am really impressed with the Matrix and can't wait to hunt with it .
If you can swing it get the Matrix and keep your other bow . It might be tough but I think it would be worth it.
Maybe you could loan it to a new hunter and teach him or her the sport.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Matrix is great. Everyone should sell their bows for the Matrix. Narrower so you can squeeze through trees easier. You can build smaller tree stands to be less noticed. Impress your friends shooting 380FPS. So many reasons why everyone needs one. :)
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Want to get one one day.