Scope Problems/Vibrations

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

Scope Problems/Vibrations

Post by 8ptbuk »

I dont use anything to silence my Phoenix down and down really care how loud it is but am concerned that all that vibration is not good for my scope ( Vari-Zone ) . So Im thinking about serving cat whiskers on or using some String Leeches that I have . Does anyone use Leeches and where can I buy Silencer Material to serve on ??? Thanks :D
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
bob watkins

Re: Scope Problems/Vibrations

Post by bob watkins »

any archery store should carry that stuff.
strum

Post by strum »

I didn't have any luck with the leeches, they shot right out.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Your V-zone will be ok w/o string add-ons.......I had one on an Emax for quite a spell.......
"Eze 18:21"
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I shoot my bows bare without anything an they like to eat scopes for sure. so far two varizones, one Nikon , one leupold,one bushnell an all covered by there warranty but not the bushnell an from all my shooting these bows are hard on scopes for me an the better the scope the longer they last it seems. I just make sure to have a spare on hand an a good quality scope with a good warranty an keep shooting :lol:
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

[
Masboy wrote: shoot my bows bare without anything an they like to eat scopes for sure. so far two varizones, one Nikon , one leupold,one bushnell an all covered by there warranty but not the bushnell an from all my shooting these bows are hard on scopes for me an the better the scope the longer they last it seems. I just make sure to have a spare on hand an a good quality scope with a good warranty an keep shooting

Exactly what I gather from reading on the forum. No doubt Excal takes care of there customers but It appears to me taking as much of the vibration and shock out would have to help the scopes last longer . Thanks for everyones input .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I've had the scope that came on my Axiom when I bought it 4 years ago. I've probably shot this bow a couple thousand times and the scope hasn't wavered yet....*knockin on wood*

Keep thinking about a twighlight dlx, but this one just keeps on tickin'!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
learn2flyfish

Post by learn2flyfish »

Makes me wonder if airgun rated scopes are the way to go. They are braced for what's called "reverse" recoil. I would think that is similar to the sudden stop of the crossbow string's forward momentum.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

All Leupold scopes are rated for airguns. Nothing much tougher than a Leupold shotgun scope.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

99% of the scope vibration occurs when the string latch releases the string and the scope mount gets thrown violently upward..
string suppressors will not help you here.
the scope is under warranty so just enjoy and shoot your bow without worry.