Newbie needing help with Vixen!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ponyboy1995

Newbie needing help with Vixen!

Post by ponyboy1995 »

I am new to the world of crossbows. I just bought my first crossbow and wanted it to be an Excalibur since I have heard such great reviews from owners. I purchased a used Vixen from a guy who dad owned it before passing away. The guy couldn't tell me anything about it other then his dad used it maybe 5 times and bought it new. it looks in great shape. I am a strange person because I like to know as much as possible about the toys I own. I normally research things like crazy but couldn't find much older model vixens. I need your help! Could you all give me as much info on this bow as possible? I will attach a pic. it is all black with the make & model across the limbs. The limb tips appear to be carved and the make is on embossed on the right side of the stock. Any stats and information like age would be appreciated. I know the vixen is a good model but is this specific year model a good dependable model? anything I should be concerned with? Are the carved ends a problem? I noticed they went away from the carved ends.
thanks for your time!

*** It will not let me post a pic. it says file is to big. I will be more then happy to send the pic to anyone who is willing to help id it.
thanks,
Joe