Vacuum sealing testimonial

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Re: Vacuum sealing testimonial

Post by Pydpiper »

Our Seal-A-Meal came with this thing, a container that hooks to the sealer by hose. Our marinate and meat go in there and in a few seconds the air is gone. It does work very well for this purpose, especially when you need to bypass the overnight process for food, as mentioned.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Pyd - I can't stop laughing about your poor wife opening her dresser drawer to find all the vac sealed items.... HAHAHAHHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

VixChix wrote:Pyd - I can't stop laughing about your poor wife opening her dresser drawer to find all the vac sealed items.... HAHAHAHHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
She mentions it every time the vac comes out.. Kids too, they helped.
But.. We learned that vacuuming clothes is a great way to backpack in crap weather. Makes for a lot of room, until you have to come home.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
xbhntr

Post by xbhntr »

I bought the Seal N Fresh sealer off TV. Cost $20. and bags . Some bags had no seal caps , but they are sending new ones . Has anyone used this device , I just sealed some fish ; still looks OK. Let me know how yours works . Ray
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Pydpiper wrote:
VixChix wrote:Pyd - I can't stop laughing about your poor wife opening her dresser drawer to find all the vac sealed items.... HAHAHAHHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
She mentions it every time the vac comes out.. Kids too, they helped.
But.. We learned that vacuuming clothes is a great way to backpack in crap weather. Makes for a lot of room, until you have to come home.
:lol: :lol: :lol: The "until you have to come home" is a great line! TOOO good Pyd!
Hot Pepper Dude

Post by Hot Pepper Dude »

Food Saver has been doing a great job for me. Mine is 4 years old. Buy the value pack of rolls at Costco for about $40. That's 4- 11 inch and 2- 8 inch.

Regards, H.P.D.
learn2flyfish

Post by learn2flyfish »

Fishous wrote:I used to vacuum pack everything, but now I can it. Lasts longer and I don't have to worry about a power outage. I put a little bit of onion soup mix in each jar. It's sooooo good that way. I do cubes, burger, and steaks that way. The steaks I put rings of onions between them.
+1 on canning. My dad and step-mother can almost everything. Wide mouth jars makes canning larger pieces easy. Works great for chicken and fish too. And as the OP said, you don't have to worry about a power outage.

Paul
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

I got a Food Saver when they first came out. We grow a 1/2 acre garden, raise rabbits for meat, pigs, quail and put up as much Deer as we can (10+) a year. The Food Saver is too costly for all we do .Bags even on sale cost way too much. Saran wrap /freezer paper and canning is the way to go for volume. I.M.O. We never keep anything more than 1 season as the Dogs and other stock eat "left overs" And the Circle of life rolls on.
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
maple

Post by maple »

I don't know what kind of bags you guys need for your sealers but I use these poly bags for all my food.

Prices like $30 per 1000. I use the 3 mil. and get various sizes.

I also use their sealer.

http://www.uline.ca/cls_01/Bags-Poly-Plastic
Don't look at the antlers!! And don't look him in the eye!!

2002 Exomag
Custom wood stock with a lot of notches in it
Big John arrows
Loving every minute of it.
The only thing better than a dog, is two dogs.

Maple
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

maple wrote:I don't know what kind of bags you guys need for your sealers but I use these poly bags for all my food.

Prices like $30 per 1000. I use the 3 mil. and get various sizes.

I also use their sealer.

http://www.uline.ca/cls_01/Bags-Poly-Plastic
Their website says those bags are not compatible with Food Saver, etc. May just be a way to sell their $2,000 vacuum sealer.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I'm not a rich guy, but I do not mind spending money on the right gear to keep the food I work so hard to acquire safe, and fresh.
We go through every possible step to ensure our game is as fresh and protected as possible, so far vacuum sealing has been the best.
Never tried canning, but I can see that being a possibility in the near future.
My freezers and fridges are on a back up generator, no chance of a prolonged power outage around here..
WMU 91
Boo string
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Their website says those bags are not compatible with Food Saver, etc. May just be a way to sell their $2,000 vacuum sealer.
You need the bags with air channels in them which enable the air to travel out of the bag, the commercial units do not work the same as the ones like Food Saver and do not need air channels.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone