just seen this on Facebook

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Archer Ontario

just seen this on Facebook

Post by Archer Ontario »

Bob Walker

October 16 · Edited.

REWARD!........ For anyone who can help me locate and recover $200,000.00 borrowed/stolen by a Mr. Randy Ford, former President of Walker's Downriggers out of, Ontario Canada. I have a Promissory Note and Letter of Guarantee signed by Mr. Ford. The money was to be invested into a future Crossbow company which he led me and a number of other people to believe was already in existence. Due to this mans unethical business practices, we need to see that he is held responsible for what he has done and can not SCAM anyone in the future....PLEASE SHARE THIS POST!!!! Please contact me with any info you may have. THANK YOU
Archer Ontario

Re: just seen this on Facebook

Post by Archer Ontario »

this was that off brand Maximus wasn't it ?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

He was the importer for Maximus, yes.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

More bows around without warranty it looks like.
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
rayman

Post by rayman »

:roll: I'm thinking:

1. There is a sucker born every minute.

2. The dude ought to have retained an attorney and a collection agency by now. I'm thinking about the guys from Lizard Lick Towing!

3. If this guy is putting down $200 K on an unknown, maybe I'm doing the wrong thing by shooting people straight all the time. :?
crossbowmania

Post by crossbowmania »

As this post seems to have found its way into the public forums, let me first thank Bill T for this opportunity to address this situation and offer my rebuttal to the claim by Bob Walker.
Firstly ...as a warning to those who may continue to libel me.
legal counsel has been sought and is being action is being initiated for Libel against Bob Walker ....with potential for others who may also be guilty of Libel.

here's the facts...for those who seem so interested.
I was approached by Bob Walker through a former employee expressing interest in investing in our Maximus Crossbow products.
I did not approach Bob Walker , nor did I correspond at any time to borrow any funds from him.

Bob Walker agreed to invest a sum of money to buy equity/shares in Maximus Crossbows, and his lawyer had me agree to sign a promissory note and guarantee in advance of receiving the funds to be held until he received his shares..

Unfortunately Bob Walker never advanced a penny to me personally, nor to the Maximus Crossbow company named on the promissory note or guarantee......and he knows that.
Let him post the cancelled check...lawyers closing documents or any other evidence showing he ever sent me a cent if he has such documents.
And...If he had ..obviously a court would agree with him and the matter would be settled...and there would be no need to go on forums libeling me.
Instead apparently (according to Bob) he sent money to an obscure company(which I had zero ownership or control over)..(at the advice of his lawyer?? ...I don't know) that eventually turned out to be scamming me in Indiana....having embezzled 100% of the production of my crossbows...that should have been billed out from Maximus Crossbows, but instead were billed out by their secret holding company.
Without a payment for my shares..there were none issued.
We do have proof that the fraud and embezzlement was carried out against me...but that's not for this forum...
Was Bob Walker defrauded of funds ??? perhaps.. I'm not sure of that ..... I know I never got any of it.....
and Bob Walker is quite aware of the facts.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

So, if you are just guilty of being a jackass for trying to support a product that seems like a clone, am I guilty of libel for just saying I think you are a jackass, or do I actually have to call you one?
I mean, if you cut every corner to make a buck on someone else's sweat, and the whole deal falls apart, what innocent part to you play?
You invited yourself to an open forum, so I am asking that you use this opportunity to explain what part of any of this felt right to you?
At what point of your business plan did you decide it was OK to support a company who appears to pride it's self on cloning another product felt right?
I do not own the largest company in the world, but my "red flag hairs" would start to stand up a notch when I realized I was trying to make money off of what appears to most as a "scam", a quick buck. Investing in a company who already prided it's self on what appears to be a "free ride" was who's fault?
My opinion, not to be confused with a fact, is that anybody who sat down and involved an apparent clone as part of their business plan, deserves to have their ass handed to them.
Just a random thought.. But what about sitting down from square one, hiring R and D people to create a new product, develop it, test it and turn it over to the public for evaluation?
Short story.. Those who work in the shadows are often left in the dark.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
crossbowmania

Post by crossbowmania »

Your advice of designing a unique crossbow using only components designed in USA is exactly what we are talking about here. Obviously you haven't done your homework.
I invested hundreds of thousands in design and production components in USA, with some production and assembly in Indiana, and we created the Maximus Ergo. You can still see the crossbow on the Maximus Website. Does it look like your crossbow??? I think not. a clone of whose?? and....
me Innocent..or a jackass ??? hell yes ...but not for the reasons you have suggested..I was stupid enough to trust too many people and I got taken to the cleaners.
I never got to issue a single invoice for all those Maximus Crossbows built there .

Listen I didn't come on the site to disbarrage or debate crossbows with anybody.....and
I didn't come here whining .....looking for sympathy either . But I got called out as far as Im concerned and ..I've responded.

That's enough for this forum anyway.. Ive said my piece , and you can have it back,,,Hopefully The rest of the debate will simply happen in court.....
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Mania just curious. Did Excalibur take any legal action against you (Maximus) for infringements?

Thanks
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

crossbowmania - You are welcome to stay. Was at Canadian Tire today and they have Maximus on there shelves still. Are you still in business? Room for everyone in this world and I wish you luck getting up and running and recouping some of your money. :D

Pydpiper - You after five free Maximus hats? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

wheelie wrote: Pydpiper - You after five free Maximus hats? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have them, looks like it was written in marker though.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

crossbowmania wrote:Your advice of designing a unique crossbow using only components designed in USA is exactly what we are talking about here. Obviously you haven't done your homework.
I don't do homework. Heck, I don't even work at work.
So, really, this is your version of "unique"? Lets not forget, even though Maximus tried to make their own path through the hayfield, they still started out as an absolute carbon copy of an Excalibur crossbow. The initial copy that came from China was a clone, it wasn't "like" a clone, it was an absolute duplicate.
They took advantage of a product, and copied it. Did you really think that was the right way to start up a new company?
If you went off the trail and made a unique bow, which obviously flopped, why stick with a name we all knew as a fake? I mean, the word Maximus is synonymous with copy.. If you had a hole to fill in the market, why use a name that the internet makes fun of? I assure you, it is made fun of. Watching it fail was a highlight of my keyboard life, sorry to hear there was personal loss, but seriously, why that path man? Some of us seen it coming.

EDIT*
Not going to play this game again, sorry you took a personal loss, but Maximus appeared to thrive on misconception and fabricated numbers, it comes as no surprise you were taken too.
WMU 91
Boo string