Speaking of good warranties..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tradshooter

Re: Speaking of good warranties..

Post by tradshooter »

Well I have to say Excalibur is the best along with the other two I have mentioned below. Mind you the quality of these crossbows I have not had or have to use the warranty or return yet.

I bought 2 Primos steady sticks. I used them for a season and this past June I went to use them and they were seized up would not extend or collapse. Like previous post I did not send in warranty nothing at all!!!!. I e mailed them with a wonderful letter stating how much they are much better than other brands and the ease of use and would like them to fix the two I have. Well they said send them in and we will see what they can do...... so I sent them in cost me $35.00 to ship. One week later I get two brand new steady sticks!!!!!! They are great to deal with!!!

Bushnell I have returned a trail camera right to their repair center in Richmondhill Ontario. They gave me a replacement with in the 30 min. No questions they say "we can't figure out the problem. Did the same thing with scopes. Their return policy is awesome.
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Victorinox sent in knives with broken handle scales instead of replacing scales they replaced them with new knives. Awesome company.
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I've had great experiences with Excalibur(scope issue), Bhoning(glue issue), Trophy Ridge(same issue you had and same fix), Slick Trick(not a warranty issue, just great service), Otter Box replacement, Weber Grill(they really stand behind their grills)and just got a replacement promise from Soleus on a watch issue(emailed picture of watch and they are going to replace-no questions asked).

I've really have not had any bad experiences . . .I try and research the product and buy quality items and it's worth the extra time and energy.

The things I buy on the cheap, usually have no warranty or I treat it as disposable. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

RJ's top 2 picks > Warranty related .

Danfysik > Quality customer service and parts replacement ( same day service in most instances ) , for my Particle Accelerator .

Excalibur > Never had an issue that they have not been able to resolve quickly , keeping me in the field since 1983 .
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
antler fool

Post by antler fool »

Leupold always goes out of their way for the customer
Vortex optics just as good as leupold
Reconyx trail cameras the best service and reliability.
Bushnell has always been good
Kershaw knives along with Buck knives are always there when you need them.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Besides Excalibur, I'd say Cabela's has an incredible warranty service. I had a set of GuideWear raingear that went into the northern Ontario bush for seven years with me. Still absolutely waterproof but the water wouldn't bead anymore and the outer layer would get saturated. Once that happened you would get soaked from the inside out from sweat in warmer weather. I took it back in and they simply told me to go and get a new set and exchanged them no questions asked. The new Guidewear is now 13yrs old and still performing. Got to love that kind of service.

Xcalibur on this forum has a great "warranty" on hist flemish strings I can tell you that!

St. Croix fishing rods also has a great warranty service. I had a rod break due to careless handling and they not only were going to replace it, they let me change to a different model rod which was more expensive and just pay the difference.
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
wabi

Post by wabi »

I recently had a problem with a Leupold fixed power (4X) scope. It was 39 years old and the adjustments went crazy. A 1" adjustment one way moved it the other way, then a 2" adjustment made it jump 5-6" the other way. Sent it in after calling Leupold and they called me back in a couple weeks telling me they couldn't repair it but would send me a new 4x scope to replace it.
That was a few weeks ago, so I called last week to see what was taking so long. The rep I talked to told me they were out of fixed power scopes right now. I told him I needed one by the end of November for my son to hunt the youth deer season. We discussed several possibilities of switching the order to another model (if I selected a lower priced model they were going to give me a credit for the difference in price) but I ended up with a new VX2 1-4X x 20 on order and he said I should have it in a week or so.
I'm happy with their warrant service. :wink:
wabi
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Going to add "Stanley/Aladdin" to the list. That is the thermos style containers they market.
A few years ago I bought a Stanley Bolt, a very cool looking thermos that I bought simply because I liked how it looked. Always thought it worked fine..
Today, out of boredom, I put all my thermos containers on the counter and filled them, each with 125 degree water. Put them outside for two hours, then measured again with a precision thermometer..
The Stanley dropped to an unacceptable temperature, even compared to some cheapies I have, so I called them.
They are replacing the thermos with the next model up, and guarantee delivery in 4 days.
A small series of questions, and it was over.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I hate to say it but I have had more luck with American companies than I have had with Canadian companies, of course there is exceptions but Canuck companies could learn a lot from our friends jut South of us.

-Excal delivered my Shadowzone scope to Boofest for me two years ago, cannot go wrong with that.
-Moultrie been good to me
-Spypoint has very good service
- Bushnell. In the past has been very good,but recently I heard their turn around time has slipped big time.
- MTM also has good service
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Glock handguns, bought a new model 36 that jammed real bad, ended up sending it back twice on there dime and stilled jammed. Glock offered to replace it for any of their other pistols ! I choice a Gen4 Model 30 , problem solved ! Great company to deal with for me !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I would like to add Gorilla Glue(blue top) to the list, Got me a bottle and every thing I glued with it didn't hold up (broke like a tater chip) called the company and the girl ask me to read the numbers and letters on the bottom or the bottle to her and she explained every one of them to me and what they ment ...bottom line it was out dated and she told me shelf life was 2 years and another bottle would be sent to me.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

wabi wrote:I recently had a problem with a Leupold fixed power (4X) scope. It was 39 years old and the adjustments went crazy. A 1" adjustment one way moved it the other way, then a 2" adjustment made it jump 5-6" the other way. Sent it in after calling Leupold and they called me back in a couple weeks telling me they couldn't repair it but would send me a new 4x scope to replace it.
That was a few weeks ago, so I called last week to see what was taking so long. The rep I talked to told me they were out of fixed power scopes right now. I told him I needed one by the end of November for my son to hunt the youth deer season. We discussed several possibilities of switching the order to another model (if I selected a lower priced model they were going to give me a credit for the difference in price) but I ended up with a new VX2 1-4X x 20 on order and he said I should have it in a week or so.
I'm happy with their warrant service. :wink:
The best part about Leupolds warranty is you almost never need it.!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I'll add one more, Henry repeating arms has AWESOME customer service.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Jc1

Post by Jc1 »

Buck Knives!
I had one that I broke the tip off of(my fault.) Sent it in for a reblade and all my information. Told them to call me or email me how much I would owe for a replacement blade and that it was my fault the blade broke. I got the knife back at no charge and a Buck discount card taking( I think 30%) off a future purchase.
I also had another really old Buck knife that I had bought used years ago. It had been sharpened up and well used and I wanted a new blade in it since they done such a good job on the other knife. This time, I sent a check in advance with the knife and told them if it wasn't enough money, to phone or email me and I would send more money. I received the knife back with a new blade, another discount card and my check was sent back with the knife! After that, I feel guilty just looking at another brand of knife. I couldn't even imagine buying another brand of knife.
Pinesap

Post by Pinesap »

SOG knives, sent one in because assist spring broke. A guy called me wanted to know if i wanted a new belt clip since i took the other one off. knife came back polished and sharp. Moen hard to beat there service. Excalibur couldn't be happier . top notch!